An exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous profes-sional and personal development. Maersk Technology offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Denmark, United Kingdom, USA, Spain and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high per-formance, results, and respect for our employees.
As Product Delivery Owner, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company's activities globally, as well as under-stand how the complexity of Technology supports the transport and logistics business and how use of Internet of things improving asset management.
You will be exposed to a wide and interesting range of business challenges through regular engagement with key stake-holders across all management levels within Maersk. Your role is to deliver suit of products from ideation to production. In your role you would engage with Product owner, business owner, architects and development team to enable deliver-ies. You would also support operations for products in production.
You will join a team of currently 50+ highly skilled employees in Copenhagen and Pune, India aiming to grow further over next 6-9 months.
The Maersk culture is built on heritage, sustained through innovative thinking, and prided for the level of trust it has earned throughout the years. Without our employees, none of this would be possible. For over a century, Maersk has been doing business in industries where trust means everything. The secret behind Maersk's reputation as a credible and valuable business partner is its people. In every business unit, in every office around the world, Maersk has always been driven by a strong team spirit, and an even stronger sense of pride. At Maersk, every employee is empowered to achieve and surpass their potential, while remaining focused on creating lasting business relationships and long-term, sustainable success.
Maersk is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women. In addition to salary, our package consists of a pension scheme, health insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
In this role your tasks will include:
• Building deep and meaningful relationships with the Business Outcome Owners, and stakeholders from the different product areas understanding their needs, constraints and aspirations.
• Ensuring that the expectations of the teams are realistic and sustainable.
• Co-own the vision and roadmap for the product to ensure that this is well understood across the technology organization through appropriate communications.
Forming a deep and trusted relationship with the team to become the key decision maker; making pragmatic trade-offs between business outcomes and technology requirements and leveraging their teams' capability and insight to contribute to the product.
• Ensure clarity though a continually managed backlog with clearly defined work items and unambiguous acceptance crite-ria.
• Be the point contact for the product for the wider technology organization
• Build and lead teams who are highly capable of thinking end-to-end about the impact of our technology work, maximiz-ing value and minimizing future cost of change / total cost of ownership.
• Establish & execute product delivery strategy for your group of products. Resolve impediments on behalf of the team and coordinate work items across multiple backlogs.
• Ensure delivery is in accordance with product backlog as well as product vision, roadmap, objectives and key results and in alignment with business goals. Continuously monitor technical debt and ensure the debt is managed with appropri-ate priority given the business context. Ensure costs effectiveness of the team and manages finance.
• Track and articulate business value delivered by the product portfolio
• Liaise with business on significant changes scope, time or funding
• Ensure scope alignment to architecture and security governance
The key skills that will be required by the Product delivery owner:
• Experience working as a Product Manager in agile delivery environments.
• Experience of minimal 3-5 years in a similar role within a larger IT organization
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills, able to build and maintain relationship and bring people together to work towards outcomes
• Highly self-motivated with strong problem solving and analytic skills
• Work collaboratively with development team located at different geographical locations.
• Strong team player with a positive attitude and high attention to details
• You have a strategic mind-set and great business understanding
• Structured and well organized with the ability to navigate in highly complex organizations
• Ability to work and build networks in a cross-functional, matrix organization
• Proven Stakeholder management skills
• Demonstrable ability to create business outcomes and value with technology, in a variety of delivery environments. Ex-perience leading teams who build software as well as understanding of software integration within an enterprise Technolo-gy organization.
• A sound understanding of Supply Chain Management and/or working experience in the transport management and logis-tics industry
• Experience in working in an international and dynamic technology environment.