An opportunity to join a newly created organization (QED) and help shape and build a world class team as we develop new ways of working across Maersk.
Maersk is embarking on an exciting journey that will substantially change the way we conduct our business to ensure we deliver quality products to our customers.
As Head of Process Mining and Compliance Monitoring you will partner with senior functional leadership to transform our business. Providing real insight into how our processes work, how to improve them (ensuring that we can meet customer requirements through modular processes) and driving compliance.
We embrace an agile and analytical mindset in the way we do business and projects. It's important that you want to develop yourself in a learning and evidence driven organization.
You will work in a highly international environment with stakeholders and colleagues across our global organization.
As Head of Process Mining and Compliance Monitoring you will be responsible for:
• Acting as the Maersk enterprise wide compliance, quality control and standard enforcing unit within the boundaries of QED mandate. This based on mining and data collected to create transparency
• Corrective action plans definition and enforcement
• Provide means to improve business processes and decision making across the organization by designing and developing effective ways to extract raw data and leverage process automation.
• Provide assurance to DBA on compliance with defined standards e.g. product definition, process management, master data management
• Conduct continuous assessment of standards through ongoing monitoring of error logs etc.
• Manage process mining approach and tools (e.g. Celonis)
• Contribute to the identification of automation opportunities across products, processes and data
• Provide information to GPOs/BPOs on process metrics
• Provide insight to process owners on process performance and improvement opportunities
• Support the organization in identifying impact cases seen from an E2E perspective across process areas
• Data quality assurance
• Exercise "constant care" at all time and be committed to MAERSK Line qualities concept
The ideal candidate will have minimum 5+ years' experience in process management & data analysis (e.g. including e.g. Lean Six Sigma; Root Cause Analysis; etc.) combined with direct experience in Logistics/Supply Chain/Shipping an advantage.
• Understanding of analytics - use of data to test and proof hypotheses and identifying issues (together with an understanding of data structures and analytical and reporting tools)
• Embrace and role-model commitment to quality and customer centricity.
• Results orientated, fact-based and the patience to take people along on a change journey.
• Confident stakeholder management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communicator in English.
• Ability to develop talent across the organization, through knowledge-sharing.
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.