This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to join an ambitious, international and growing company with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development, both within Svitzer and the Maersk Group.
Reporting to our Managing Director Svitzer Europe, the role is based in the Regional Office in Copenhagen, where a lean and flat structure creates a performance driven culture with significant independence to impact the position and ultimately the performance of our company.
The Regional Operations function provides you with functional responsibility for the front-line business as well as specialist skills within IT, Procurement, Marine Standards, Fleet and Technical. You will be responsible for an organisation of 20 people reporting to you through your 4 direct reports.
The European Region currently operates 125 vessels in more than 30 ports across Denmark, Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, Georgia and the UK.
The region is organised in 4 clusters. The role requires regular travel, expect a minimum of 60 days per year.
• Accountability for the delivery of safe, efficient and cost effective, marine services to customers.
• Overall responsible for Procurement, Technical, Fleet and Marine Standards and in addition, the IT support organisation.
• Co-create the overall regional long-term strategy.
• Ensure that fleet investments and operational capabilities are scaled to match the Regional strategy.
• Develop and maintain superior operational knowledge within the department, including fleet management, operational excellence and technical and safety.
• Lead change management projects, both operational and strategic including new business opportunities.
• Set targets and follow up on operational, technical and safety performance.
• Provide input to regional level financial forecasting.
• Ensure optimal allocation and deployment of the fleet in terms of cost effectiveness and customer focus.
• Challenge the existing organisation and way of doing things to identify and execute on improvement opportunities.
• Drive continuous improvements, standardisation and best practises in a multi local business.
• Masters / MBA in relevant business or commercial management.
• Proven track record min. 8 years in asset heavy operational management, preferably in the Maritime sector
• Strong business acumen and negotiation skills
• Ability to influence, stakeholder management
• High level of financial management knowledge and analytical capacity
• Structured and data driven, and well versed at driving this into the business.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and the capability to deal with a diverse international group of people at a broad range of levels
• High level of professionalism, honesty and integrity
• Excellent organisational, time management and planning skills
• The ability to think conceptually while managing the detail
• Strong understanding of change management and the ability to work effectively in a matrix structure
• Detailed understanding of the various links with other functional areas. Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and promote a team environment to meet objectives.
• Develops people – coaching and mentoring to build organizational capability, talent and bench strength.
• Continuous improvement mindset