We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk IT has embarked on a transformation journey, focusing on a long-term strategy to remain best in class in an industry that is increasingly volatile. At the very core of this strategy lies our IT strategy and digital transformation.
In Maersk IT Software Development, we actively engage the business to deliver on its needs while undergoing our own transformation. We aim to be a world-class software delivery unit that delivers business value through automation, standardisation, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. These are levers that our leadership rely on to maintain a strong and stable presence in the market.
As a starting point you will be placed at the core of the Dynamic Net program looking to optimise the container flow by using live data and on-the-fly decisions. The program is divided into several Scrum teams each consisting of up to 7 developers and you will join one of these teams.
You will be a principal front-end developer in your Scrum team, share technical knowledge, mentor less senior developers and collaborate with the other teams in the program. You will be reporting directly to the Software Development Manager of the department. Your tasks will among other things include the following:
• writing and maintaining secure, robust, scalable and efficient code that turns business concepts into tangible solutions, products and user experiences
• driving software architecture and design patterns (microservices, hexagonal architecture), dissecting business requirements into small implementable tasks
• driving automated tests and practices like TDD, BDD, DevOps and CI/CD
• participating in Scrum ceremonies, e.g. sprint planning, backlog refinement and task estimation
• setting and ensuring high software development and code quality standards in the team
• monitoring of the agreed code quality metrics and ensuring quality of Unit Tests ensuring corrective actions when necessary
• adopt modern technologies and accelerate innovation in the development department by driving cloud-native approach, PaaS paradigm, T-shaped people mindset, DevOps, etc.
The ideal candidate is a proactive developer, who has a proven track record in most of the following skills and experiences:
• Experience with Angular v.2+ framework
• Capable with Angular Material framework
• Experience with SASS/LESS
• Knowledge of ES6, webpack and Angular CLI
• Familiarity with RESTful API’s
• Familiarity with Microservice Architecture
• Familiarity with Scrum methodology
• Can write high quality code and unit tests
• Practical knowhow of working with Git and pull request principals.
• Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing.
Furthermore, one or more of the following skills will be considered an advantage:
• Knowledge of Static Code Analysis tools and metrics (linting)
• Experience with BDD test automation (Cucumber, Protractor, SpecFlow, Selenium/Chrome driver).
• Practical knowledge of CI/CD pipelines using VSTS
• Experience developing microservices and understanding of the Domain Driven Design approach
• Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, VSTS and Azure Cloud
• Working knowledge of non-relational (NoSQL) databases (Azure Cosmos DB)
• Working knowledge of Azure Application Insights.