Maersk has a diversified range of financing sources, ranging from bond programs in several currencies, bilateral loans, project financing and leases, which today make up a debt portfolio of about 12bn USD.
Effective management of the interest rate risk is a key responsibility for Treasury and an important driver of the company’s funding cost.
You will be an integral part in formulating and executing the company’s strategy for managing this risk. You will be working closely with the rest of the team in analyzing rates and FX markets, and with the group treasurer on strategy and major transactions.
Further, you will have ample opportunities to develop your skillset beyond financial markets and into general corporate treasury management.
Your home in Treasury and Risk (T&R) will be –the Funding team, a dedicated and diverse team of 7 professionals who share responsibility for the company’s internal and external debt.
The wider T&R team employs approximately 50 professionals of 12 nationalities. In addition to Funding, T&R consists of the Cash Management, Financial Reporting and Control and Insurance and Risk management teams. We are based in our head office at Esplanaden, Copenhagen, with liaisons around the globe.
Your responsibilities will be centered on financial markets - interest rates and FX, and you will be the expert and go-to person in the workings of the markets and how market risks impact the company and should be managed.
More specifically you will:
• Work actively with the debt and derivatives portfolio to minimize our funding cost, while reflecting our market view and risk appetite.
• Work closely with the team on debt transactions, designing and executing market hedge strategies.
• Leverage and manage our wide panel of partner banks to ensure best execution and quality market analysis.
• Develop our setup for measuring and monitoring market risk, utilizing and leveraging our brand-new treasury system Findur, working closely with Middle Office in the process.
• At all times, be on top of market movements, use your knowledge of economics, experience, and smartness to formulate a market view and be prepared to turn that view into a position when called for, while
• Never forgetting that you work in a service function, whose reason for being is to provide the company with financing, liquidity and balanced risk.
• Be prepared to take on challenges outside your established job description.
We are looking for a seasoned markets professional, ideally with at least 3-5 years of experience from a derivatives desk at a bank or major international corporate, where you have developed a deep understanding of derivatives pricing and structuring.
You hold a relevant academic degree, preferably a Master’s in finance or economics, with good grades.
You are a smart person, able to quickly take in and process information and draw conclusions, but are also able to communicate complex matters in English in a way that people can understand.
You don’t mind having many stakeholders and people asking things from you.
A no-quitter, you take initiatives and get things done and can drive a project or task across the finish line, even when facing obstacles.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.