We offer an exciting career in an international and dynamic environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
The Corporate team is a section in the Maersk Legal department currently consisting of 8 legal professionals providing legal support to the global Maersk organization on a broad range of legal matters.
As part of our team, you will work closely with experienced, specialized and dynamic colleagues across the global Maersk organization to shape the Maersk of tomorrow.
You will get the opportunity to work with company law and corporate governance on a global scale, international corporate restructuring projects and a variety of investment and divestment projects (including joint ventures and greenfield development projects) as well as general commercial law.
The position is anchored in the Maersk Legal department located at Maersk's headquarter in Copenhagen with reference to the Head of Corporate but the position has a global reach and requires close collaboration with stakeholders in the global Maersk organisation.
The main areas of responsibility are to:
• Provide expert advice on Danish company law from incorporation to liquidation and anything in between and manage the legal aspects incl. corporate governance of Maersk's portfolio of Danish companies.
• Take charge of and drive the legal agenda through the full life cycle of corporate and investment projects from the very beginning through implementation and until successful completion.
• Partner with stakeholders in all functions and at all levels in Maersk to find commercially viable and legally sound solutions that support Maersk's strategy and business goals.
• Support the business by simplifying the complexity of large-scale projects through proactive advice and effective communication and stakeholder management.
• Draft, comment on, and negotiate a variety of contracts.
• Manage external legal advisors.
Skills and relevant experience:
• You hold a Danish Masters Degree in Law and have at least 4 years’ experience from a law firm and/or as in-house legal counsel in an international company.
• You have substantial experience with Danish company law and project management. Experience with large-scale corporate restructurings, joint ventures and shareholders agreements and/or investment projects is an advantage.
• You have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills and ability to ensure high level of communication and alignment across the global Maersk organisation
• You work independently and stand by your decisions when challenged whilst keeping an open mind.
• You are methodical and thorough and have an ability to keep a clear mind in a busy and dynamic environment.
• You are a team player who can easily work with different stakeholders across functions and cultures.
• As part of a truly global organization travel activity should be expected, sometimes on a short notice.
• You have an excellent command of written and spoken Danish and English. Other language skills are an advantage but not a requirement.
The right candidate is characterised by:
• Being a high performer that thrives in a challenging, dynamic and often unpredictable business environment.
• Having a strategic and commercial mindset and the ability to make difficult decisions in order to efficiently lead projects.
• Being able to quickly analyse complex problems and translate them into simple and effective solution.
• Being able prioritize many tasks and manage many stakeholders at the same time.
The deadline for submission of applications is 13.03.2020. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, which may result in the position being filled earlier than the indicated deadline. You thus kindly are advised to apply as soon as possible.