We offer an exciting and attractive career opportunity, in an ambitious and competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Sealand Europe & Mediterranean offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees.
As Finance Controller, you be part of a team of four Finance Controllers in Copenhagen that are supported by GSC teams with about 85 staff and work closely together with senior management in Sealand Europe & Mediterranean.
You have a pivotal role in ensuring a high level of quality in our financial data and report and that day to day finance execution is managed efficiently and supports the requirements of the business.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
As financial controller, you will also be deputy Head of Reporting and Controlling – increased responsibility within team for reporting, controlling and overall team engagement.
Other areas of responsibility:
• Monthly engagement with GSC and Maersk counterparts
• Period end closing – overall understanding of result including underlying result, trade result and exceptional items
• Monthly management reporting to management and board, including analysis and commentary
• Financial updates in presentation
• Accounting and trial balance controlling for Sealand Europe & Mediterranean
• Group and statutory reporting, audit and financial compliance
• Company administration for Liner company including documentation requirements and litigation
• Tax compliance and reporting
• Forecast process, including planning, consolidation of inputs, sign off, analysis and commentary
• System owner for FBR, master data and manual allocations
• In an ever-changing business environment, perform other duties when assigned.
We are looking for a proactive individual with a technical accounting background who has leadership potential and who can challenge the status quo at all levels of the organisation.
The ideal candidate holds a Master's in Finance or Economics and has extensive working experience within the field of Accounting, Reporting & Controlling.
You have a minimum of five years of experience gained in a similar position and a professionally recognised accounting qualification preferred but not required.
• Have strong technical skills, financial understanding as well as analytical abilities
• Have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills being able to work with both management and employees in a large organization
• Are a self-starter with a high motivation level to take on new tasks and ensure timely and successful execution
• Are used to work in a challenging and fast paced environment dealing with a lot of different tasks at the same time and managing deadlines along the way
• Have a can-do, problem-solving attitude to find the answers to see things through to completion in situations where you do not have all relevant information
• Have experience with SAP preferred but not required
• Are fluent in written and spoken English. Danish is not required.