Danfoss Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (RAC) is looking for a Senior Director of Global Manufacturing Operations to take our global manufacturing to the next level. You will be responsible for the deliveries from our factories across China, Denmark, India, Mexico and Poland, with 1.800+ operations colleagues to support a yearly turnover upwards of a billion Euro. In this continuous improvement manufacturing environment, you will ensure that our products are manufactured in a safe environment, with the highest possible quality standards, delivered according to customers' expectations, and at the lowest possible cost. For this position, we are seeking an inspirational leader to manage, motivate, and develop the organization, where continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do. We expect you to be an exceptional communicator, commercially smart, and that you place our customers' needs at the top of your agenda. You will lead the way to ensure we innovate our manufacturing environment through digitalization & automatization, securing that we stay at the forefront of World Class Manufacturing and, hereby, remain competitive going forward. Your responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing the safety, quality, deliveries and efficiency of manufacturing operations.
- Utilizing lean operating principles to develop, maintain, and continuously improve the production and quality processes.
- Developing a flexible, effective, and multi-skilled workforce across all disciplines.
- Preparing and managing financial aspects, ensuring that all planned spend is correctly costed to achieve our targets.
- Ensuring that long-term strategic plans are continually updated and delivered upon.
- Driving automation further through the digitalization of manufacturing lines.
- Application of the latest Manufacturing Systems to deliver continuous logistic improvement through excellence in sourcing, production planning and outbound.
- Working with the factory teams to identify, submit and implement suitable capital improvement projects to deliver productivity, quality, or safety improvements through agile methodologies.
- Supporting the development of New Products and Cost Down activities of existing products, so our customers remain at the forefront of market trends and comply with all current and future environmental and sustainability solutions.
- Working as part of the RAC Operations management team, bringing fresh ideas to the table for improvements - both within your own area and across other functions.
- Travel expectations 30-40%
Background and skillsTo be considered for this exciting position, we will focus on the following skillsets:
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of manufacturing best practices and have a demonstrated track record of success in operations management.
- Ability and ambition to take our manufacturing set-up into the "Industry 4.0" era and beyond.
- Proven ability to grow an experienced manufacturing team so to increase efficiency across the factory whilst fulfilling customers' expectations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to identify key trends and opportunities to increase profitability.
- Proven track record in problem solving to deliver efficiency improvements, combined with an empowering management style and the ability to delegate.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and coaching skills.
- Global mindset and the ability to work well across cultures in a matrix environment.
We are Engineering TomorrowThe world faces growing populations, booming urbanization and rapid climate change. At Danfoss, we engineer ready-to-use solutions to these challenges. We build energy-efficient solutions that reduce food loss and make cities cleaner – using digital technology to make systems smarter and more connected – and we engineer innovative new ways to save energy and transition to clean energy for the good of our climate. Join DanfossDanfoss gives you unique opportunities to put your skills to good use, make an impact and shape an exciting career. We encourage employees to take charge, do extraordinary things and run the business like it was their own. Danfoss is respected around the world for its innovative, high-quality technologies and solutions. You will learn a lot by working with the experts who develop them. Join Danfoss to be part of a world-class team of over 27,000 people in 56 countries that engineer tomorrow and build a better future. For further information about the position, please contact Michael Breumso, +45 2383 9260. For information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Recruitment Manager, Sigurd Hansen at +45 5371 0634.Please watch how Danfoss is engineering tomorrow
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.