An empowered position in Maersk Ocean’s Business Finance team for Network being the focal point for management reporting, forecasting, budgeting, performance management, deep dive analysis, strategic business case development and finance related business support.
The Business Finance Network team interacts primarily with stakeholders in the Network function as well as internal stakeholders in Finance and trade. The Network function is responsible for designing/optimizing our network and managing our capacity.
Decisions made in the Network team have a significant impact on the financial performance of Maersk’s Ocean business and you will play a key role being part of Maersk’s commitment to cost leadership and improving the overall customer experience.
As Finance Business Partner (FBP) you will have the opportunity to work closely with the network teams. Your detailed understanding of the financial numbers combined with solid business knowledge will allow you to deliver performance insight, challenge current understandings and contribute to decision making.
As a Finance Partner in Network you will be working together with a team of highly skilled and talented people in an international environment, getting early empowerment and responsibilities as well as exposure to the stakeholders in operations, senior management and a truly global organisation.
Functional reporting to the Head of Vessel & Fixed Cost interacting with multiple stakeholders within Maersk’s Ocean business. Your primary stakeholder will be the heads of network and their team’s, along with stakeholders in Trade and Finance.
Your main responsibilities will be to drive part of key financial processes and operating system supporting management reporting, financial planning, performance management and decision making. You will perform analyses on performance and trends to identify and suggest appropriate actions.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Drive accurate, timely and aligned reporting of financial and operational performance incl. KPIs
• Prepare supporting documentation for various cost/performance management review meetings
• Drive various ad hoc financial analyses to stakeholders
• Understand financial and operational footprint to proactively support with insight impacting forward looking business decision making and improve business results
• Facilitate scenario analysis for new transformation projects, support business cases and project post-audits
• Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly forecasting of network
• Finance owner of IT system related to the various network costs and drivers
You will also work with multiple aspects of our financial reporting and system optimisation. You will play an active role in supporting the business in using and developing the system further as well as developing the future operating model.
The ideal candidate will hold an MBA or Master’s degree in finance, economics, business or other related field combined with three to ten years of work experience from analytical positions within finance, management reporting, financial planning and analysis, management and/or strategy consultancy, business development or equivalent.
• Have a thorough understanding of finance and a sincere interest in working with and supporting the business in driving performance and value
• Are result driven and have a strong logical and analytical capacity being well organised with high attention to detail
• Are well structured with a strong adherence to deadlines
• Are a self-starter with a strong driving force, striving for continuous improvement and wanting to solve problems even if finding answers are not easy
• Are an extroverted team player who are used to and enjoy working independently with ability to engage with and influence, guide and challenge multiple stakeholders
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong integrity and a humble personality that goes well with people at all levels in a global organisation
• Are used to and enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced and changing environment dealing with a lot of different tasks at the same time
• Are skilled in Excel and PowerPoint, while experience from BI systems/ a technical acumen is a plus
• Are skilled in written and spoken English. Danish is not required.