An empowered position in Maersk Line’s Business Finance team for Operations being supporting and driving management reporting, forecasting, budgeting, performance management, deep dive analysis and finance related business support.
The Business Finance Operations team interacts primarily with stakeholders in the Operations function as well as internal stakeholders in Finance. The Operations function is responsible for the global operational expenses, designing our network, managing our capacity and executing the day-to-day cargo operation.
As Finance Business Partner, you will be part of a small team responsible for a USD 4–5 billion fuel budget, among the highest in the world.
You will support efficient reporting and performance management of the Maersk fleet to ensure sustained efficiency improvements year on year.
You will develop solid business acumen which combined with solid understanding of the financial numbers enables you to engage with Senior stakeholders within the Maersk Group to support decision making often tied to multimillion-dollar savings initiatives and projects.
Maersk has an ambitious and industry leading environmental strategy of getting to zero CO2 emissions in 2050. You will be supporting this strategy by analysing and providing insight into the operational performance of our Network. Operations has a significant impact on the financial performance of Maersk Line and you will play a key role being part of Operation’s commitment in driving our cost leadership strategy.
You will be part of a truly global organisation and develop you career within Maersk’s Finance and Operations functions. Your leaders will encourage your personal development and support your future career aspirations within Maersk in roles in Denmark or abroad.
Functional reporting to the Senior Fuel Analyst interacting with multiple stakeholders within Maersk Line including Network, Fleet Management and Operations Execution. You will also work in close cooperation with stakeholders in Maersk Oil Trading and our team in the global service center.
Your main responsibilities will be to drive part of key financial processes and operating system supporting management reporting, financial planning, performance management and decision making in close collaboration with stakeholders in Operations and other Finance teams. You will report to stakeholders with clear business and financial insights and perform analyses of performance and trends to identify and suggest appropriate actions.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Drive accurate, timely and aligned reporting/forecasting of financial and operational performance incl. KPIs across the various functions
• End-to-end fuel cost ownership, holistically and at a vessel level including goods received, stock, valuation and consumption.
• Understanding the performance and cost drivers behind the executed network end-to-end, delivering insights on fuel waste, retrofit benefits and operational decisions.
• Drive various ad hoc financial analyses to stakeholders, including forward looking analysis on cost saving initiatives
• Understand financial and operational footprint to proactively support with insight impacting forward looking business decision making and improve business results
You will also work with multiple aspects of our financial reporting and system optimisation. You will play an active role in supporting the business in using and developing the system further as well as developing the operating model.
The ideal candidate will hold a Master’s degree in finance, economics or equivalent combined with 1-4 years of work experience from analytical positions within finance, management reporting and analysis, management and/or strategy consultancy, business development, business partnering or equivalent.
• You have experience in working with end-to-end process optimization and process design
• You have a thorough understanding of finance and a sincere interest in working with performance management
• You are result driven and have a strong logical and analytical capacity being well organised with high attention to detail.
• You are a self-starter with a strong driving force, striving for continuous improvement and wanting to solve problems even if finding answers are not easy.
• Proven ability to influence without authority and engage confidently with leaders at all levels.
• You are an extroverted team player who is used to and enjoys working independently with the ability to engage, influence, guide and challenge multiple stakeholders across the organization.
• You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong integrity and a humble personality that goes well with people at all levels in a global organisation.
• You are used to and enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced and changing environment dealing with a lot of different tasks at the same time.
• You are skilled in Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in working with Power Pivot and Power BI is an advantage, but not a requirement
• You are skilled in written and spoken English. Danish is not required.