Maersk offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment.
We believe in an environment that focuses on individual talent, skills, and interests. We are a dynamic, performance-oriented organization with a down-to-earth attitude and approachable management culture.
We live our values and build strong teams of people passionate for their job and dedicated to positive change.
You will join Manning Office North Europe, a team within the Marine HR functions.
We are a team of fourteen colleagues that value that our work is done correctly, on time and with respect for each of the individuals we support. We handle a broad variety of nationalities of seafarers within our diverse and professional team. We provide a supportive working environment with focus on teamwork and providing a culture where colleagues feel valued and appreciated.
We thrive in a fast environment and continually try to improve our processes and not every day is the same and we strive to get more knowledge and competencies to prepare for tomorrow.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job –regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength.
All tasks related to employment and development within area of responsibility, in compliance with MLC, STCW, local and international regulations.
Ensure all Officers under own responsibility, embark the vessel in accordance with MLC, STCW and flag legislation. This includes follow up of statutory certificates and medical examinations as required for Officers under own responsibility.
All tasks related to the promotion of officers, within area of responsibility, once approved by Marine HR. This includes ensuring Promotion Pipeline is supported by monitoring and encouraging officers under own responsibility.
Performance Management tasks for Officers under own responsibility,
including monitoring of performance appraisals, performance conversations and Performance Improvement Plans (PIP).
Furthermore, carry out HR/administrative tasks such as
• Register and follow-up on sickness cases
• Globally support to other departments including other Manning Offices with securing DRC's for their seafarers and any ad-hoc flag state requirements.
• Arrange family sailing for relatives of Senior officers
• Supporting, as required, with letters of invitation for visiting seafarers and Fleet Management and Technology staff
• Approval of seafarer E-expenses as defined in relevant procedure
Ad-hoc projects as assigned and participate in duty phone rotation.
• Experience in MS Office
• Master Mariner or Engineering Officer/Bachelor's degree in HR
• Excellent communications skills - Ensure high level of communication with key stakeholders
and internal team members
• Collaboration skills
• Strong interest or experience in German Maritime legislation and Labour rights(preferable)
• If you are a German seafarer who would like to go onshore, you can be also a candidate for this position.
• Strong Empathy skills to understand the seafarers special working environment
• Resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment
• Good Written and Verbal skills with people at all levels across the organisation in English.
• Able to communicate verbally- and read German language.
This role may be closed before the last application date as we proceed with candidates on a continuous basis.