As our new Project Engineer, you will join a highly skilled technical team of engineers and report directly to the Head of Refrigeration. You will be a valued team member in several product development projects where you will be supported by your manager and colleagues.
You will have plenty of opportunities to show your initiative, working in an environment with a global reach. You will be part of the large team at MCI that oversees a fleet of over 300,000 Star Cool® reefer machines in operation around the world.
In your everyday work, you will experience a high degree of independence in a flexible work environment where innovation and quality are prioritized on equal terms.
MCI is located in Tinglev in the Southern part of Denmark, close to attractive cities like Sønderborg, Kolding and Flensburg. We have strong local roots but act on a truly global stage. At MCI in Tinglev, you will enjoy an informal and supportive atmosphere. We work hard and are aware of our contribution to global trade, but we make sure that we have fun and enjoy working with each other.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
• Design, calculate, model, test and report on different prototypes and components of the Star Cool® reefer machine
• Be our main technical person in our development projects
• Participate in development of software functionalities
• Scout for new ideas, components and suppliers
• Participate in FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis)
• Participate in design reviews of components
“Maersk Container industry is a great place to work because the job makes sense and you feel that what you do has an impact in the bigger picture.
We strive to be the industry leader by innovating and developing the most energy efficient reefer machines that are not just showcases but suited for tough operation and can stand the competition.
We combine theory with hands on implementation and encourage our employees to ‘think out of the box’ and come up with excellent new ideas and suggestions for improvements which can be brought into real life products or services.
In this role you will get freedom to focus on the product development in an environment where we are rather product oriented than process oriented”, says Niels Poulsen, Head of Refrigeration R&D.
To be successful in the role, you have:
• A background as mechanical or mechatronics engineer with a couple of years work experience. You could also be a newly graduated with some years’ technical experience working in the industry e.g. from an apprenticeship.
• Basic knowledge of thermodynamics and if you also have knowledge about refrigeration it is a huge plus
• Basic understanding of electronic components & sensors
• Experience with software for process control
• Good coordination skills
• Experience in cost optimization of mechanic/mechatronic com-ponents
• You possess a customer centric mindset and have a solid un-derstanding of technical terms
• You have a strong team spirit but also won’t hesitate to chal-lenge your colleagues in order to ensure you deliver high quality results
• You have a good sense of humour, and a social and accommo-dating nature
• Danish language skills are not a prerequisite for this role, but good written and verbal English language skills are expected.
As an individual, you also like to put structure on your work and ensure to follow up closely. You have an eye for details and strive working in an environment with deadlines and high flexibility. You enjoy working in a team and you believe that to be able to think out of the box ‘two heads are better than one’.