As Assistant Trade Manager on our Oceania to/from Europe, West Central Asia and Africa services you will join our Oceania team, which constitutes a critical part of our Commercial organisation.
You will stretch your capabilities and toolbox by analysing markets, strategizing against competition, developing profitable products, sparring with and building lasting relationships with diverse and professional colleagues and have a real tangible impact on our business.
The Oceania Trade Cluster is one of the five Clusters in the Trade & Marketing organisation of Maersk Line, which all play a key role in cementing our position as global market leader in the liner shipping industry.
Centre Trade & Marketing is responsible for the profitability and strategic direction for the individual trades. This includes products, pricing and contracting, market segmentation and yield optimisation.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
This role is based in Copenhagen and the expected startdate is January 2020.
Through analyses and applying market intelligence you will be involved in developing our Ocean products, setting the market prices and secure the most profitable cargo on the ships.
In addition, you will play a major role in our regular dialogue with stakeholders within and outside our global organisation and handling day-to-day tasks.
You will work in close partnership with the trade manager, who hold the overall bottom-line responsibility for what is the largest and most impactful trade in the Maersk portfolio.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• In-depth analysis and performance management to drive Ocean P&L and strategy for portfolio and/or specific trade(s)
• Monitor targets and market trends, and conduct analysis to support strategic planning
• Continuously consider and share insights regarding ongoing optimization of trade management models, processes and tools
• Develop the most optimal Ocean network together with the Trade Manager and our Network design team hereby ensuring that Maersk delivers the best customer experience at lowest cost base
• Ensure close alignment with Revenue Management on short-term and long-term tradeoffs.
There are several entries into this challenging job and both educational and relevant working experience will be taken into consideration.
We would expect minimum 3-4 years of experience in a Commercial or Operations position, with strong business acumen and customer focus. Trade- and pricing experience in seasonal markets is a plus.
You have a high energy level and thrive in a fast-paced environment with ambitions to deliver outstanding results.
You enjoy working with people and building partnerships.
You are proactive and take the lead in challenging and role modelling what exceptional trade management can be.
The ideal candidate has the following proven experience:
• Exceptional analytical capabilities and structure, able to process large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data
• Proactiveness and self-motivation, with a high drive, decisiveness and drive for results
• Strong stakeholder management and conflict resolution
• Collaboration and teamwork, with an ability to lift beyond functional needs to the bigger picture
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English.