Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organization.
As a Senior User Experience Researcher, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as take part in the digitization of the transport and logistics industry.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We will provide you with opportunities that broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated person interested in taking a role in setting the user experience of innovative and intuitive applications
Are you driven by empathy and a passion for understanding people? Do you strive to uncover peoples’ deep needs and values through observation and interviews? Do you love testing concepts and solutions that seek to meet those needs?
At Maersk Technology, you will play a critical role in understanding end user needs – in order to create the best possible solutions.
You will be embedded into one, or several products, working closely with UX designers, product owners, product managers, data scientists and the development team to identify research opportunities, planning and executing the research by adopting appropriate research methodology, push for customer insights buy-in and influence the backlog of the product development.
Key responsibilities include:
• Collaborating with key partners and stakeholders to define research objectives, create research proposals and plans
• Scoping, planning & conducting explorative open-ended research, as well as focused product-based research, i.e. global field research, usability tests, user interviews, and short surveys
• Manage & lead studies - sometimes bringing team members or key stakeholders to the field
• Adapt and lead research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of rapid growth
• Synthesize and communicate actionable research findings and recommendations to project teams and leadership, which both fuels understanding, ideation and design evaluation.
• Work cross-functionally day to day, with design, product management, strategy, engineering and marketing – so they know exactly who the users are and what they need from us
• Partner with managers, engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to share important research findings in different communication formats (movies, pictures, reports, personas, recommendations etc.) to smaller and bigger audiences
• 5+ years’ experience conducting research within a product organization, in-house or at an agency – experience working within an agile environment is a plus
• B.A/B.S. in Anthropology, Psychology, Social Science, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field or equivalent work experience
• Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions
• Demonstrated ability to scope, plan & execute research studies in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles - including design, engineering, and product management
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication (English) and presentation skills, preferable with a proven track record of presenting qualitative narratives to smaller and bigger audiences
• Solid understanding of design thinking methodology
• Some travelling should be expected as part of the role