The QA Delivery Manager
• Defines E2E Q.A. approach and associated resource plan for owned deliverables
• Ensures timely delivery of any required estimates, resource requests and environment bookings
• Has a deep understanding of the technical applications impacted by their change and can influence the engineering approach to validate and assure the changes requested.
• Can build, direct and evolve capability required to deliver the QA outcomes for the products within the programme mentoring and guiding staff wherever necessary
• Can articulate and provide metrics to outline risk associated with Q.A. delivery and can address those from a Q.A. perspective working with the relevant engineering teams
• Pro-actively analyses processes and practises, suggesting and driving improvements where necessary, establishing new processes where relevant.
• Collaborates effectively to resolve challenges with immediate peer group and colleagues across multiple capabilities.
• Understands business requirements and works with the various stakeholders to translate those requirements into QA strategies and approaches.
• Is results oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• QA/Test Delivery Management experience through a range of industries and IT systems
• Expert knowledge of current industry wide quality and test processes, practises, and techniques
• Sufficient technical knowledge and has demonstrable experience working with both agile and traditional delivery models:
o Experience of using the Agile testing pyramid, offering advice on the practices in the various teams to comply with the pyramid (e.g. Distribution of tests at various abstraction levels)
o Release Management and Feature Management
o Experience and good knowledge around Behavior Driven Development for delivering features faster working in collaboration with business focused colleagues
o Exploratory testing techniques
o Non-functional testing and experience of executing these within a CI/CD set-up
• Used to defining testing strategies that leverage efficiency; service virtualisation, test data requirements automation etc
• Ability to work with teams, to influence, to co-operate, to collaborate are essential key skills to get teams working at outstanding levels
• Experience in building new capability to deliver new initiatives
• Excellent communication skills across all levels
• Self-Management is a key attribute expected for this role. Being able to work without the need for follow up or too much management is important. Self-motivated and self-starter once work assigned, results are guaranteed almost always.
• Actively pursuing continuous learning to constantly update skills and keep abreast of current developments in the industry