We are building a best-in-class architecture team to support the business transformation and our team will be at the forefront of making strategic decisions using technology to deliver on the company strategy. We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment, with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
As Solution Architect, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of Technology supports the transport and logistics business. Your role is to align parties, communicate architectural concerns to stakeholders and ensure overall architectural due diligence.
You will be exposed to a wide and interesting range of business challenges through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk. You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in-charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
• Analyze business needs, identify relevant solution scenarios and translate them into architectural models and roadmaps aligned to Enterprise Architecture principles
• Assess solutions to solve business problems following the IT investment strategy
• Create and communicate shared view of solution architecture and best practice including design principles & patterns, technology, tools and standards, interfaces, etc.
• Identify and co-develop enterprise architecture principles & guidelines
• Work with delivery teams to develop sustainable and achievable solutions & verifying the implementation ensuring the delivered system is consistent with the agreed architecture
• Advise, influence and support the stakeholders to solve issues and help realizing the company vision
• Communicate architecture to stakeholders with different levels of technical knowledge, including business leaders
• Typically 8-10 years of experience architecting or leading complicated integration projects, with recent years involved in customer facing digital cloud hosted solutions.
• Great analytical skills in mastering multi-functional highly scalable systems, firm understanding of computer science, networking technologies and design, multi-tenant applications, and database technologies
• Experience in different development paradigms (Agile, Lean Product Development, Waterfall) and the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Working in federated governance environment with decision-making power within the guidance of the enterprise architecture principles
• Hands-on experience as solution architect for large-scale projects and communication skills to articulate, rationalize and document architectural decisions
• Broad knowledge in application of design techniques, methodologies and security considerations
• Experience in partnering and coaching stakeholders as well as providing guidance, training to other team members
• Experience in several of the following technology areas:
o Customer Engagement solutions; public and customer facing; online/web/mobile delivered; cloud hosted
o DevOps tooling setup and DevOps practices / DevOps/CICD engineering experience
o Application design with API centric, Event driven, Cloud native and microservice architectures
o Infrastructure design
o Professional Qualifications: e.g. TOGAF Certification
o Sitecore content management platform
o Modeling in ArchiMate and UML
o CRM (preferably Salesforce), ERP (preferably Microsoft Dynamics
• Previous roles might include Solution Architect, Enterprise Architect
• Ability to understand complex business problems and needs, and translate these into architectural options and communicate them on all layers in the organization
• Big-picture / systems thinking / Ability to see the big picture and to deal with conflicting requirements
• Strong communication and advisory skills
• Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills & ability to balance between?opposing forces and opinions, within architectural boundaries and decisions
• Pragmatic approach to balance the transformation towards the new architecture state while maintaining the current services and managing risks
• Ability to work independently
• Fact based, result oriented; and diplomatic with the ability to act?in an often-complex business environment
• Fluent in oral and written English
• Thrives in an international environment