This role will initially focus on defining and building a configuration, pricing and quoting (CPQ) process/solution for our global products & services.
As a product owner you need to think in terms of features and stories, translating business outcomes into work items for the team that maximizing the sustainable business value. You will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business
In this role, you will continually balance short term demands and future cost of change & will be prioritizing the work based on the overall business and technical strategy. You will help break down epics to stories and elaborate stories to contain various scenarios that will feed into the feature teams.
In this role your tasks will include:
• Building deep and meaningful relationships with the Product Managers / Business Outcome Owners, from different product areas understanding their needs, constraints and aspirations
• Ensuring that the Product Management / Business Outcome Owner expectations of the team are realistic and sustainable
• Co-own the vision and roadmap for the product with the Product Manager / Business Outcome Owner; ensure that this is well understood across the technology organization through appropriate communications.
• Forming a deep and trusted relationship with the team to become the key decision maker; making pragmatic trade-offs between business outcomes and technology requirements and leveraging their teams’ capability and insight to contribute to the product.
• Manage the Product backlog, including prioritization of needs, creation of backlog items and mapping out dependencies - working with product managers/users, architects and engineers and considering business and technical strategies
• Create clarity though a continually managed backlog with clearly defined work items and unambiguous acceptance criteria.
• Be the point contact for the product for the wider technology organization
• Help break down epics to stories and elaborate stories to contain various scenarios that will feed into the feature teams.
The key skills that will be required by the Product Owner:
• Experience working as a Product owner in agile delivery environments.
• Good understanding of supply chain management and/or working experience in the logistics industry
• Experience of minimal 3-5 years in a similar role within a larger IT organization
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills, able to build and maintain relationship and bring people together to work towards outcomes
• Highly self-motivated with strong problem solving and analytic skills
• Work collaboratively with development team located at different geographical locations.
• Strong team player with a positive attitude and high attention to details
• Builds long-term, strategic relationships with Product Managers, Business Outcome Owners and other senior stakeholders
• Facilitates the engagement of stakeholders, acting as the single point of contact for Product Managers for the given Product
• Negotiate to ensure your Product Managers and Business Outcome Owners understand and agree what will meet their needs
• Manage the Product Manager and Business Outcome Owners long term relationships including lessons learned leading to actions to improve relations and open communications.
• Empathy: understand your stakeholders, the market, the customer and the business
• Understand the benefit of measurement
• Be used to utilizing a range of data sources to report on the success and future direction of the product
• CPQ implementation experience is an advantage, but you will also be able to rely on strong support from our System Integration partners – so a willingness to learn is even more important.
Decision making skills:
• Ability to consider multiple opinions and provide a clear decision and single direction to the team
• Ability to influence people to bring them on the journey, even when they may disagree
• Recognize when the data is not strong enough to make a decision.
The key behavioral traits expected by a Product Owner:
• A person who brings people together to work towards outcomes with meaning
• A supportive team player who fosters an open and honest culture with the people they work with
• An effective communicator who uses multiple methods and channels to ensure messages and data points are effectively cascaded across both an immediate and wider team.