Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As a Modelling Team Lead, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company's activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
• Lead – intellectually & pragmatically – the development and improvement of the modelling ecosystem, tools, methods and people, working with colleagues to agree the scope of change and the way such change could be delivered. [Team Leadership]
• Ensuring the modelling ecosystem and toosl are available within the agreed boundaries, currently defined as 99.5% available, excluding any scheduled or notified downtime. [Service Management]
• To take responsibility for the capture, analysis and, where required, delivery of any extensions and enhancements required by the Modelling stakeholders and community. [Tool Management]
• Ensuring that the ecosystem and tool components are kept up to date with the latest manufacturer's releases, having first tested said releases to ensure that no bugs are issues are delivered into the Maersk ecosystem. The tests will include new function and bug fix tests, as well as integrating testing with the Maersk-specific enhancements. [Tool & Service Management]
• Maintain an audit trail of the changes – proposed, agreed, rejected and parked – so that all changes can be tracked. [Tool & Service Management]
• Coordinate the definintion and delivery the necessary training and support materials for the modelling capability.
• Work with and support the modelling communities in all their endeavours, contributing to the successful uptake and management of the tooling services.
• Act as a thought leader within G&M and EA as to the most effective way to deliver modelling.
• Act as the DR/BCP Manager for Modelling software in the event of a major incident
Primary Internal Stakeholders:
•Head of Governance & Modelling
•Head of EA
•EA "Heads of..."
•G&M, EA and Maersk Governance bodies
Primary External Stakeholders:
•General Modelling Community & Stakeholders
•Delivery-related Managers and Leads (as required)
•External Project Leads as appropriate
•External SMEs as appropriate
• Extensive experience in modelling solutions using graphical modelling languages in a premier graphical modelling tool.
• Breadth of knowledge in the key EA disciplines – e.g. Business, Information, Integration, Application, Technology & Security.
• Team leadership and management skills and experience
• Excellent communication skills to technology and business stakeholders
1. Meets all the operational targets defined for the function, backed-off against the SLA with our suppliers.
2. Plans for CSI & I (Continuous Service Improvement & Innovation) for the function
3. Based on 2, the realisation of said Improvements & Innovation.
4. Regular reports to the Head of G&M capturing the status, progress and issues relating to the function