Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Senior Java Engineer, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakehold-ers across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong profes-sional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Product Service and Engineering, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and im-plementing new ways of working.
• Contribute to implementing highly efficient applications, with focus on code quality and performance.
• Implement quality code with focus on reusability and good code coverage.
• Be a part of Agile teams and help deliver sprint goals.
• Collaborating with scrum masters and project managers to identify and mitigate risks, issues, as well as to find innovative ways to improve the application development.
• Embrace emerging technologies and solutions to ensure our online experience continually evolves to deliver functionality that our customers need.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills and able to articulate technical complexity to be understood by both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and conflicting priorities.
• Good critical reasoning and analytical skills; takes ownership and sticks to the problem until it is solved.
• Customer-focused, whether responding to support queries or developing new features and functionality.
• Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment.
• Able to provide constructive feedback and effectively review code, guiding other Java engineers in the right direction
• Sound knowledge of Java (8 and above).
• Experience is developing RESTful microservices with Spring boot.
• Sound understanding of Spring modules and ORM tools like JPA and Hibernate.
• Experience of SOAP based web services.
• Experience working on low latency, highly scalable applications.
• Experience in build tools like Maven, Node etc.
• Experience working with databases – MS Sql server, Oracle and/or Cassandra or something similar.
• Ability to review code and mentor junior developers as well as partners.
Nice to have
• Hands-on experience of using a front-end development framework, such as Angular, React or Vue.
• Experience working with Cloud technologies or a keen interest in learning the same.
• Proven knowledge of Behavioural Driven Development (BDD).
• Proven knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD).