Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Feature Team Lead, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong profes-sional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Product Service and Engineering, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and im-plementing new ways of working
The most critical tasks for the Feature Team Lead are
• Ensuring upcoming features have appropriate implementation designs allowing the teams to commit to delivery; including component and external interface sketch designs
• Ensuring the product has an appropriate technical roadmap to support future enhancement and maintain a reasonable cost of future change
• Appropriately embracing new and emerging technologies and solutions to ensure that the product remains relevant
• Forming strong and trusted relationship with the Product Owner; ensuring that the Product Owner is fully aware of the technical capabilities and shortcomings of the product allowing for sensible technical investment and debt repayment decisions
• Build strong collaborative relationships with developers, architects, designers, UX experts, external agencies, vendor staff and partners.
• Influencing the Product Delivery Lead to ensure that the team is appropriately designed, size and staffed accordingly
• Drive agile thinking and ways of working to maximise collaboration and value creation
• Increase release cadence and quality through automated delivery pipeline implementation; focusing on the reduction of time to value while minimising defect leakage
• Hands-on software design, architecture, development & maintenance.
• Work across teams to define efficient solutions and implementation strategies to create highly cohesive implementation across products
• Contribute to architectural discussions, influence architectural outcomes
• Mentor more junior staff in the software development method; coding and testing techniques
The key skills that will be required by the Feature Team Lead
• Highly skilled technician
• Highly skilled in writing clean, reusable and efficient code that is easy to read
• Highly skilled in writing unit & integration tests across all components; an advocate for automated testing
• Deep knowledge and understanding of technology; a person who stays relevant with the latest technology advancements and trends
• Product Skills
• A person who values responsibility; someone who will take technical ownership of the product across all stages of a products lifecycle
• Ways of working
• An individual who respects the opinion of others; yet can drive a decision though the team
• An individual who understand and respects the agile method
• An individual who recognises the need for standards
• An individual who wants to contribution to the wider engineering community to define best practices
• Leader of people
• The ability to leads reviews of others’ designs and software implementations
• The ability to engage the team to achieve goals.
• The ability to inspire fellow technical people
The key behavioural traits expected by a Feature Team Lead:
• A continual learner who demonstrates the value of learning and knowledge
• A technical decision maker, an individual who can work with multiple options, alternative design options and trade-offs
• Leadership and a craftsmanship – inspiring fellow technical staff
• A champion of software development best-practice
Technical capabilities of a Feature Team Lead:
• Sound knowledge of Java (8 and above).
• Experience of developing RESTful microservices with Spring boot.
• Experience of design of RESTful API’s.
• Sound understanding of Spring modules and ORM tools like JPA and Hibernate.
• Experience of SOAP based web services.
• Experience working on low latency, highly scalable applications.
• Experience working with databases – MS Sql server, Oracle and/or Cassandra or something similar.
• Experience working with Cloud technologies or a keen interest in learning the same.
• Experience with development and deployments on Cloud.
• The ability to review code and mentor the team irrespective of their locations.
• The ability to get the best out of technical colleagues as well as business leaders.
Nice to have
• Working with and contributing to open source projects.
• Experience of Behavioural Driven Development (BDD).
• Experience of Test Driven Development (TDD).