Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Product Owner in Test, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakehold-ers across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong profes-sional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Product Service and Engineering, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and im-plementing new ways of working.
In this role you tasks will include:
• Building deep and meaningful relationships with the Product Managers / Business Outcome Owners, understanding their needs, constraints and aspirations
• Ensuring that the Product Management / Business Outcome Owner expectations of the team are realistic and sustainable
• Co-own the vision and roadmap for the product with the Product Manager / Business Outcome Owner; ensure that this is well understood across the technology organisation through appropriate communications.
• Forming a deep and trusted relationship with the team to become the key decision maker; making pragmatic trade-offs between business outcomes and technology requirements and leveraging their teams’ capability and insight to contribute to the product.
• Optimise the business value delivered by the team
• Create clarity though a continually managed backlog with clearly defined work items and unambiguous acceptance criteria.
• Be the point contact for the product for the wider technology organisation
• Help break down epics to stories and elaborate stories to contain various scenarios that will feed into the feature teams.
The key skills that will be required by the Product Owner:
• Builds long-term, strategic relationships with Product Managers, Business Outcome Owners and other senior stakeholders
• Facilitates the engagement of stakeholders, acting as the single point of contact for Product Managers for the given Product
• Negotiate to ensure your Product Managers and Business Outcome Owners understand and agree what will meet their needs
• Manage the Product Manager and Business Outcome Owners long term relationships including lessons learned leading to actions to improve relations and open communications
• Empathy: understand your stakeholders, the market, the customer and the business
• Understand the benefit of measurement
• Be used to utilising a range of data sources to report on the success and future direction of the product
• Decision making skills:
• Ability to consider multiple opinions and provide a clear decision and single direction to the team
• Ability to influence people to bring them on the journey, even when they may disagree
• Recognise when the data is not strong enough to make a decision