Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Architect you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakehold-ers across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong profes-sional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Product Service and Engineering, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and im-plementing new ways of working.
The most critical tasks for the IAM Architect are
• Translation of business, information and technical requirements into an architectural model that outlines the most appropriate solutions to achieve critical business objectives.
• Developing enterprise-level application and custom integration solutions including major enhancements and interfaces, functions and features.
• Working and designing with a DevOps mindset to further continuous enablement.
• Engaging enterprise architecture, product and infrastructure teams to produce optimal, high level, conceptual design and roadmaps.
• Be a part of agile product teams and help deliver business, product and sprint goals.
• Providing timely design decisioning and recommendation based on IT and Business strategy; consideration of wide range perspective with focus on architecture decisions, business objectives and IT NFRs.
• Acting as focal point and subject matter expert for capability, application and integration within area of responsibility.
• Researching and applying knowledge of emerging technologies and possible application to the business.
• Ensuring upcoming features have appropriate implementation designs allowing the teams to commit to delivery; including component and external interface sketch designs
• Ensuring the product has an appropriate technical roadmap to support the future enhancement and maintain a reasonable cost of future change
• Appropriately embracing new and emerging technologies and solutions to ensure that the product remains relevant
• Forming strong and a trusted relationship with the Product Owner; ensuring that the Product Owner is fully aware of the technical capabilities and shortcomings of the product allowing for sensible technical investment and debt repayment decisions
• Influencing the Product Delivery Lead to ensure that the team is appropriately designed, size and staffed accordingly
The key skills that will be required by the IAM Architect
• Application and architecture design; ArchiMate and UML modelling
• API and event centric and abstract service design; cloud technology, microservice design, cloud native apps; design for DevOps and automation
• Security design, OWASP, NIST
• Enterprise application integration
• Performance engineering
• Stakeholder management
• Experience in implementing at least two IAM engagements
• Experience in designing custom solutions leveraging advanced features in IAM – such as authentication chain, custom post authentication plugin (PAP), custom authentication modules, custom login screens to achieve adaptive access management, step-up authentication and other customized requirements.
• Experience in integrating partners of different domains for achieving SSO using standards like SAML, OAuth and WS-Federation
• Experience in technologies, such as LDAP, SSL, RDBMS, and Linux
• Strong understanding of architecture, application systems design and integration
• Experience in Identity and Access Management Products like ForgeRock and Azure AD
• Experience in designing Login and Registration processes
• Experience in assisting other applications in integrations for IAM
• Web, mobile, API and EDI technology; customer focus
• IT lifecycle and governance, agile methods, requirements management, quality management
• Sound knowledge of Java (8 and preferably 11).
• Experience in developing RESTful microservices with Spring boot.
• Sound understanding of Spring modules and ORM tools like JPA and Hibernate.
• Experience of SOAP-based web services.
• Experience working on low latency, highly scalable applications.
• Experience in build tools like Maven, Node etc.
• Experience working with databases – MS SQL Server, Oracle and/or Cassandra or something similar.
• Ability to review code and mentor junior developers as well as partners.