Joining Maersk will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Product Owner, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakehold-ers across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong profes-sional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Product Service and Engineering, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and im-plementing new ways of working.
• Building a close relationship with the Product Managers understanding needs, constraints and aspirations
• Ensuring that the Product Management expectations of the team are realistic and sustainable
• Express the vision and roadmap for the product with the Product Manager ensuring that this is well understood across the technology organisation through appropriate communications.
• Forming a trusted relationship with the team to safeguard the business outcomes and technology requirements
• Create clarity though a continually managed backlog with clearly defined work items and unambiguous acceptance criteria.
• Be the point contact for the product for the wider technology organisation
• Builds long-term, strategic relationships with Product Managers and other senior stakeholders
• Facilitates the engagement of stakeholders, acting as the single point of contact for Product Owners for the given Product
• Manage long term relationships including lessons learned leading to actions to improve relations and open communications
• Empathy: understand your stakeholders, the market, the customer and the business
• Create understanding of analytics and all appropriate measurements to report on the success and future direction of the product
• Ability to consider multiple opinions and provide clear recommendations and a single direction to the team
• Ability to empathise with and influence people to bring them on the journey, even when they may disagree
• Recognise when the data is not strong enough to make a decision
The key behavioural traits expected by a Product Owner:
• A person who brings people together to work towards outcomes with meaning
• A supportive team player who fosters an open and honest culture with the people they work with
• An effective communicator who uses multiple methods and channels to ensure messages and data points are effectively cascaded across both an immediate and wider team.