An exciting and attractive career is offered in an ambitious and competitive international environment with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
Maersk Line IT offers a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte and India.
The Test Manager
• Defines E2E test approach and resource plan for owned deliverables
• Ensures timely delivery of estimates, resource requests and environment bookings
• Has a deep understanding of the technical applications impacted by their change and can develop the test engineering approach to validate the changes requested.
• Day to day management of all Testing and QA resources assigned to their work either directly or indirectly and tracks spend and progress against derived plans.
• Reports on and owns all risks and issues arising from their work
• Pro-actively analyses current processes and practises, suggesting and driving improvements where necessary.
• Collaborates effectively and on an ongoing basis with their peer group across delivery within the domain.
• Mentors and guides junior staff to build overall capability within the department.
• Involved with understanding business requirements and works with the various stakeholders to translate those requirements into Test strategies and approaches.
• Understands and can easily translate the business requirements for change into testable requirements
• Is results oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility.
• Provide transparency (working with the Test Management Office) to key stakeholders of testing progress, risks and cost of quality.
• Continually refine and improve the test approach driving in appropriate methods to support the overall delivery approach (Agile, waterfall etc)
Key Skills would include:
• Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
• Knowledge of Agile methodology and frameworks like Kanban, Scrum, XP etc.
• Solid written and concise verbal communication skills and able to articulate technical complexity to be understood by both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Proven influencing, coaching and mentoring experience.