The role requires a confident, self driven and structured person with solid knowledge and experience in solving general IT related problems, with specific experience and skills on networking area.
Apart from service-mindedness and results-orientation, the person shall be confident on communication, interpersonal skills. He/she must be a team player and understand the value of supporting his/her colleagues (onsite and offshore) and sharing experience and knowledge.
The responsibility of the position has a strong focus on local area network operations within Maersk HQ offices in Copenhagen (approx.. 2000 end users), collaborating with other on-site members (in the same team) and remote network operation team. Apart from that, the position is also expected to support end users general IT queries & issues and provide smooth end user experience with IT technology.
Specific responsibilities (some in collaboration with remote network team) includes but not limited to
• Support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate networks (switches, Aps, etc-)
• Create, maintain and execute patching schedule & update according to change process
• Ensure network security and connectivity (i.e. trace connections between patch panel and switches)
• Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput and latency) and test for weaknesses
• 1st & 2nd Level support via tickets raised and assigned in Service Now when relevant
• Problem and Incident Management where relevant, collaborating with relevant parties and vendors
• Handling and maintain hardware and spare part inventory (incl. network components and end user components)
• A passion for delivering exceptional end user experience
• Hands-on experience of IT support services
• Hands-on experience in networking, routing and switching
• Experience with one or multiple ITIL Service management tools & processes (ServiceNow is a plus)
• Knowledge on firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution
• Professional communication and interpersonal skills.
• BSc degree in Computer Science or related field
• Proven experience in a network administrator role is a plus
• Experience with O365 services and other IT infrastructure components (e.g. SCCM & SCOM) is a plus