A financial controller position where you will be required to work independently and interact with stakeholders both internally and externally.
A challenging role with both analytical and relational scope.
A position that will provide an excellent opportunity to build knowledge of many aspects of operations finance that are all part settlement process for vessel sharing and slot sale agreements.
You will be working closely with our team in GSC that is responsible for all execution.
You will report to the Head of Fixed cost controlling.
To have a detailed understanding of the VSA contracts and settlement principles.
Develop procedures for analytical review and controlling of financial data to ensure that we provide transparency and high quality in financial data.
Review master data required for settlement process as well as settlement logics built into the VSA system and ensure it is aligned with VSA contracts.
In co-operation with our GSC team support and drive the timely and accurate processing of proforma and actual settlements with Partners.
Ensure all special arrangements such as blanking, ad-hoc, slot swap or compensations are timely and correctly accounted for.
Verify and approve actual and ad-hoc settlements in the accounting system.
Review and follow up on deviations between proforma and actual cost.
Recommend and implement necessary business/process controls and ensure compliance to internal and external requirements are met.
The ideal candidate will hold a Master’s degree in finance, economics or equivalent combined with more than five years of work experience from analytical positions within finance, management reporting or similar.
• Have a thorough understanding of finance and a sincere interest in understanding the business to create value
• Are result driven and have a strong logical and analytical capacity being well organized with high attention to detail
• Are a self-starter with a strong driving force, striving for continuous improvement and wanting to solve problems even if finding answers are not easy
• Are a team player who is used to and enjoys working independently with ability to engage with and influence, guide and challenge multiple
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong integrity and collaboration mindset that goes well with people at all levels in a global organization
• Are skilled in written and spoken English. Danish is not required.