A financial controller position where you will be required to work independently and interact with stakeholders both internally and externally.
A challenging role with both analytical and relational scope.
A position that will provide an excellent opportunity to build knowledge of many aspects of operations finance. You will be required to build in-depth knowledge of the financial aspects of the partnership which will also provide you a good insight into liner shipping.
You will be working closely with colleagues in Operations finance and be exposed to senior finance management. In the role you will also be working closely with our team in GSC that is responsible for all execution.
You will report to the Head of Fixed cost controlling.
Develop a detailed understanding of the financial aspects of the partnership and settlement principles.
Develop procedures for analytical review and controlling of financial data to ensure that we provide transparency and high quality in financial data.
Participate in review and challenging of settlements to protect the interests of Maersk.
Perform controls, analysis and reporting required to ensure that accurate and timely information is available for stakeholders in Business finance and other functions.
Recommend and implement necessary business/process controls and ensure compliance to internal and external requirements are met.
The ideal candidate will hold a Master’s degree in finance, economics or equivalent combined with more than five years of work experience from analytical positions within finance, management reporting or similar.
• Have a thorough understanding of finance and a sincere interest in understanding the business to create value
• Are result driven and have a strong logical and analytical capacity being well organized with high attention to detail
• Are a self-starter with a strong driving force, striving for continuous improvement and wanting to solve problems even if finding answers are not easy
• Are a team player who is used to and enjoys working independently with ability to engage with and influence, guide and challenge multiple
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong integrity and collaboration mindset that goes well with people at all levels in a global organization
• Are skilled in written and spoken English. Danish is not required.