We are building a best-in-class architecture team to support the business transformation and our team will be at the forefront of making strategic decisions using technology to deliver on the company strategy.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment, with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development.
As Solution Architect, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of Technology supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and interesting range of business challenges through regular engagement with key stakeholders across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
Maersk is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and offer attractive parental leave and other benefits.
• Challenge, influence and support the stakeholders to solve issues and help realizing the company vision
• Communicate architecture to stakeholders with different levels of technical knowledge, including business leaders
• Overall architecture responsibility for the assigned domain and assist in development of the project portfolio for the domain
• Analyze business needs, identify relevant solution scenarios and translate them into architectural models and roadmaps aligned to Enterprise Architecture principles
• Identify and co-develop enterprise architecture principles & guidelines
• Create and communicate shared view of solution architecture and best practice including design principles & patterns, technology, tools and standards, interfaces, etc.
• Work with delivery teams to develop sustainable and achievable solutions & verifying the implementation ensuring the delivered system is consistent with the agreed architecture
• Typically, 6-8 years of experience architecting or leading complicated integration projects
• Great analytical skills in mastering multi-functional highly scalable systems, firm understanding of computer science, networking technologies and design, multi-tenant applications, and database technologies
• Experience in different development paradigms (Agile, Lean Product Development, Waterfall) and the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Working in federated governance environment with decision-making power within the guidance of the enterprise architecture principles
• Hands-on experience as solution architect for large-scale projects and communication skills to articulate, rationalize and document architectural decisions
• Broad knowledge in application of design techniques and methodologies
• Experience in partnering and coaching stakeholders as well as providing guidance, training to other team members
• Work experience in several of the following areas:
• Business process management, Business rules management, API integration, Web services, Legacy to Micro services, EDI, User Interfaces (including mobility), Event Management, Message driven interfaces, Modeling in Opengroup ArchiMate, UML modeling
• Previous roles might include Solution Architect, Enterprise Architect
• Good understanding of solutions for supply chain management and/or working experience in the logistics industry will be a strong point
• Ability to understand complex business problems and needs, and translate these into architectural options and communicate them on all layers in the organization
• Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills & ability to balance between opposing forces and opinions, within architectural boundaries and decisions
• Pragmatic approach to balance the transformation towards the new architecture state while maintaining the current services and managing risks
• As a person, fact based, result oriented; and diplomatic with the ability to act in an often-complex international business environment.