Maersk is looking for an ambitious and energetic Student Assistant to join the Fleet Management & Technology finance team.
The Business Finance Fleet Management & Technology team interacts primarily with stakeholders in the FMT function as well as internal stakeholders in Finance and Operations. The FMT function is responsible for the ship management of the Maersk Owned fleet, future vessel solutions/technology, and vessel asset efficiency.
Decisions made in FMT have a significant impact on the financial performance of Maersk. As a student you will join a global team that is in the middle of an exciting journey streamlining and standardizing processes moving from a producer of the numbers to a user of the numbers.
You will have the opportunity to drive financial analysis, performance management and decision support to the business.
Students working at the A.P. Moller-Maersk companies are invited to join the Students@maersk network. As a member of the community, you will have an opportunity to expand your professional and social network, gain additional insight into a large conglomerate, and learn more about Maersk as a place to work.
Functional reporting to the Head of Business Finance- Fleet Operations. You will also work in close cooperation with the Operations Finance Organization and our team in the global service center.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Drive accurate, timely and aligned reporting of financial and operational performance incl. KPIs
• Provide forward looking and independently initiated analysis
• Support cost analysis as a SME for given area
• Contribute in forming business decisions and enable follow-up on such decisions
• Assist in assessing best alternative strategies including forming of recommendations
• Provide various analysis and insights to business based on needs
• Drive continuous improvements including simplification of reports, analysis tools and automation of reporting
Our ideal candidate is an ambitious student in your final year of a relevant Bachelor’s degree or beginning of your Master degree. We expect your study to be within Finance, Business Administration, Economics or similar.
This is a challenging role that requires strength in several dimensions. We expect that:
• You have an analytical and problem-solving approach
• You are service-minded as you will be working with quite many stakeholders
• You have an eye for detail and take pride in delivering quality work on time
• You bring a positive spirit and do not mind chipping in when others in the team need assistance
• You are an experienced user of Microsoft Office, especially in Excel and PowerPoint
• You are highly reliable with a flexible approach to whatever work you undertake and able to prioritize and organize your workload.
• You are skilled in Excel and PowerPoint
• Since we are an international team, fluency in written and spoken English is a must.
• Working hours will on average be 15-20 hours/week