As Assistant Trade Manager on our North-Europe to/from Mediterranean services you will join our Line Man-agement team, which constitutes a critical part of our Commercial organisation.
Line Management is responsible for the overall strategy and profit & loss (P&L) of individual trades.
This includes setting direction, managing position-taking and long-term tenders and driving the strategic agenda.
You will stretch your capabilities and toolbox by analysing markets, strategizing against competition, developing profitable products, sparring with and building lasting relationships with diverse and professional colleagues and have a real tangible impact on our business.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
Through analyses and applying market intelligence you will be involved in developing our Ocean products, setting the market prices and secure the most profitable cargo on the ships.
In addition, you will play a major role in our regular dialogue with stakeholders within and outside our global organisation and handling day-to-day tasks.
You will work in close partnership with the trade manager, who hold the overall bottom-line responsibility for what is the largest and most impactful trade in the Sealand portfolio.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• In-depth analysis and performance management to drive Ocean P&L and strategy for portfolio and/or specific trade(s).
• Monitor targets and market trends, and conduct analysis to support strategic planning.
• Continuously consider and share insights regarding ongoing optimization of trade management models, pro-cesses and tools.
• Develop the most optimal Ocean network together with the Trade Manager and our Network design team hereby ensuring that Sealand delivers the best customer experience at lowest cost base.
• Manage long-term pricing, trade/cargo-mix, tender and commitment strategies.
• Support total commercial strategy for trades and market valuation.
• Ensure close alignment with Revenue Management on short-term and long-term trade offs
• Drive close coordination and direction setting within dual branded teams, both local and central organizations.
You have a high energy level, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with ambitions to deliver outstanding results.
You enjoy working with people and building partnerships.
You are proactive and take the lead in challeng-ing and role modelling what exceptional trade management can be.
The ideal candidate has the following proven experience:
• There are several entries into this challenging job and both educational and relevant working experience will be taken into consideration. We would expect minimum 3-4 years of experience in a Commercial or Operations position, with strong business acumen and customer focus. Trade- and pricing- experience in seasonal mar-kets is a plus.
• Exceptional analytical capabilities and structure, able to process large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data.
• Proactiveness and self-motivation, with a high drive, decisiveness and drive for results, including being com-fortable with and willing to make decisions despite ambiguity and to take calculated risks.
• Strong stakeholder management and conflict resolution: excels at managing challenging stakeholders in a matrix organisation, gaining buy-in and building lasting relationships.
• Collaboration and teamwork, with an ability to lift beyond functional needs to the bigger picture and a positive flair for and interest in your colleagues.
• Resilience and ability to persist constructively and positively despite challenges, barriers and setbacks.
• Basic financial understanding is required in combination with your ability to learn to work with data analysis.
• Excellent written and verbal communication with people at all levels across the organisation in English.