As a department manager, you work at the Port of Aarhus, where you will manage 35 dedicated employees who are specialized in servicing reefer containers. The employees are blacksmiths and reefer engineers, divided into three different teams and 2-4 engineering master trainees from Aarhus Maskinmester Skole. Furthermore, you will have contact with various customers and suppliers.
This role requires competent leadership-, management-, planning- as well as communication skills. It is vital that you are on site often, so you know what's going on. This will also enable you to reflect and provide the most optimal work environment for your team, all in all vital for people being able to succeed and create value to our business.
Continuous improvements are a vital part of working for APM Terminals. We always strive towards improving quality and optimize ways of working in this dynamic work environment.
This is an exciting job where you can influence the way we work.
As a manager, you are responsible for production planning for your employees so that the production meets our customers' demands for both quality and quantity. Your tasks involve:
• Ensure continuous focus on safety
• Planning of preparation, cleaning and repair of reefer containers
• Planning the monitoring of loaded reefer containers
• Staff planning, whiteboard meetings and employee motivation
• Participation in daily whiteboard meetings with Operation
• Ordering Spareparts and tools as well as general inventory management, dialogue with suppliers of reefer components and handling of warranty cases on reefer Spareparts
• Continuous improvement of ways of working
You will refer directly to the Head of Inland Service. At the same time, you are actively seeking cooperation with our other departments as well as customers and suppliers, so that we are ahead of tasks and challengee.
• You have an engineer or other background in reefer technology
• You are academically strong and can solve technically complex tasks
• A Diploma graduate within leadership or equivalent is an advantage
• You are familiar with Lean or similar process improvement tools
• You have solid financial skills, can provide production figures and approve month-end closing reports
In this role, it is important that you have great interpersonal competences so that you can build trustful relationships across employees and various stakeholders.
Being humble, due diligent, timely and calm are important fundamentals for good people management in all aspects.