A super exciting opportunity to join the risk function of Maersk Oil Trading where we are in the process of developing and strengthing the team.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
The head of operational and credit risk will be responsible for developing and maintaining the framework to enable identification and assessment of major risks across core and emerging commercial and operational activities.
Specific areas of responsibility:
• Monitor and manage credit risk across MOTs trading counterparties
• Report and analyse operational risks and indicators across MOTs operational activity
• Manage Risk oversight and execution of New Business Assurance process and maintain New Business Assurance tracker, the Functions assurance returns and record of related actions
• Ensure MOT Cargo insurance remains valid and coordinate any update needs with the underwriter;
• Develop and Maintain a balanced (lead and lag) KPI / KRI Dashboard; develop and maintain analysis and reporting processes and data integrity review / reporting; extract learnings and risk insights; drive process improvement activity
• Write trading processes & procedure, providing flow charts and supporting documentations; ensuring policies, procedures and processes are followed and understood
• Develop and maintain appropriate controls; provide insight and education; drive engagement on key operational risk issues.
The successful candidate would ideally be from an energy trading background with a minimum of 10 years in operational risk and / or finance / control functions i.e. Commercial Finance, Accounting, Audit, Internal Control, business change and business Assurance.
You need to possess honed subject matter knowledge, competence and capability to deploy these attributes within busy and challenging environments.
• Extensive risk or control experience including setting up a controls environment
• Previous management experience and a track record of successfully leading and motivating a high performing team
• Excellent working knowledge of front- to-back office processes
• Detailed knowledge of operational risk & control processes and practices, including experience in their application; knowledge of Operational Rigour/ Testing Frameworks and practices; proven experience in design and testing of controls
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills and a team player, able to build working relationships within, and across, teams/departments
• Strong IT skills and aptitude, experience of driving IT system improvements;