The position is anchored in the Maersk Legal Department at the Headquarter of Maersk in Copenhagen, but will have a global scope and reach as the Maersk groups' internal IP focal point.
This is a very exciting role focussed on facilitating and bridging business value and IP for Maersk. In this process you will be responsible for the full range of technical, legal and business advice with respect to our growing patent portfolio and development initiatives in general.
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job – regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high-performing teams.
• Harvesting of inventions
• Novelty searches
• Drafting patent applications
• Drafting responses to office actions
• Reviewing drafts and reports from agents
• Instructing agents
• Claim charting and infringement/validity analysis
• Patent portfolio review and management
• Risk assessment and FTO analysis
• IP training
As the ideal candidate, you will have a Ph.D. or M.Sc. in electronics engineering, computer science, engineering physics, or similar, combined with being an EPA (or almost qualified EPA), US Patent Attorney, or equivalent.
You have at least 4 years of experience as in-house Patent Engineer and/or patent consultant in IP firms – ideally a combination of both.
• Think creatively and take initiative
• Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Possess the ability to work independently and autonomously
• Can cope with varying levels of workload and pressure
• Preferably have intercultural experience
As a person you are a resilient team player who is goal-oriented, demonstrates a high level of commitment, and the ability to work under minimal supervision.