In Products and Solutions Engineering, we are responsible for the end-to-end delivery and execution of products and projects.
We're a 900+ geographically distributed organisation across multiple brands and locations, with roles like software engineers, technical product owners, user experience designers, data scientists and agile coaches.
We offer a position in Maersk's software development organisation, where we develop a platform that handles millions of people booking and tracking shipments around the globe.
We offer a position where we put theory into practice and combine our knowledge of software development skills with a business mindset.
You will be working in an international environment in a key function in Maersk’s office in Copenhagen, where you will be involved in setting the direction for how to outperform competition.
Maersk has a very international and highly inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women. In addition to salary, our package consists of a pension scheme, health insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
The role will involve:
• Hands-on Implementation of Front-End components using Backbone.JS, Vue.JS, CSS3 and HTML5.
• Defining and maintaining UI development standards for the development teams.
• Practicing effective agile software development; participating in pair programming, regular communication and supporting a culture of end to end ownership.
• Following software standards to ensure quality throughout the development lifecycle
• Taking part in sprint planning, backlog refinement and task estimation
• Providing technical support out-of-hours
• Responsible for the quality and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure) of your own work
• Participation in the elaboration of user stories (technical and functional). Agree stories are sufficiently described for their implementation, verification and delivery.
• Working collaboratively; pairing on tasks, peer review of team members’ code and constructive feedback for improvement in both the code base and team capability (blame free feedback)
• Keeping builds green by writing testable and tested code
• Active participation in retrospectives to make continual improvements within your team
• Technical support during release activities and to resolve live issues
• Ability to manage your own task progress and communicate issues to product management and testers
• Delivering successful products to end users in the industry, with success measured by the size of the user base, sales volume, market share, etc.
• Setting, refining and implementing UI standards.
• Having a can-do attitude and being comfortable with tight delivery deadlines and managing priorities
• Customer-focused, whether responding to support queries or developing new features and functionality
• Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
• Solid written and verbal communication skills. Able to articulate technical issues to peers
• Hands-on experience with Backbone.JS and Vue.JS.
• Hands-on experience with HTML5, CSS3, DOM and JSON.
• Writing cross-browser, cross-device UI implementation, with particular focus on Responsive/Adaptive/RESS UI development and where each is most appropriate is crucial.
• Modern software engineering practice (collaborative distributed coding with branching version control, continuous integration and deployment, quality assurance).
• Experience of delivering fully tested small incremental change with a SCRUM process
Nice to have
• Using API gateway products.
• Working with and contributing to open source projects
• Stakeholder management and interpersonal skills at both a technical and non-technical level.
• Experience using Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) systems for deployment.
• Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD)