This is a unique opportunity to test yourself in a dynamic environment where you will be an important part of the DAMCO FFW Nordics team. You will be enabling leadership decisions and direction through your structured and analytical approach which additionally also drives performance across our full business.
The position is a perfect place to further develop your analytical toolbox and mature your business acumen. You will play a central role and be trusted to set your personal footprint on a journey where we aspire to grow the company. Amongst other we offer:
• Hands on and empowered working environment
• Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? We will encourage that.
• A global network with professionals whom are ready to support you in becoming a success
• Focused development support through regular feedback, sparring and trainings
The Business Controller will be based in Gothenburg Sweden and will be reporting directly into the District Head of Finance who sits in the Nordics Leadership Team.
In the role you will be accountable for driving transparency and performance towards our KPIs and stretched business targets. We expect you have a hands-on approach where you will proactively engage with your colleagues to enable a strong performance in alignment with the business strategy and above all our customer commitments
• P/L Analytics & Control: Steer based upon relevant management reports, P&L, volume reports, margin analysis etc.. Ensure reported financial results reflect a true and fair representation of underlying business.
• Risk and Opportunities analytics: Co-work with business team to identify market trends, opportunities and risk
• Product, Operational and Commercial Performance Management: Enable transparency to performance indicators and own the development and improvement of the District Dashboard
• Finance Operation Performance Management: Drive file management excellence in line with DAMCO FFW Standards and ensure execution and KPI improvement
• File Profitability Control: Review of gross profit on file level to ensure profitability is in line with expectations
• Risk and Compliance performance: Ensure that necessary documentary evidence, records are created and provided as per internal requirements, fraud guidelines and other applicable APMM guidelines.
You are a freight forwarding Business Controller by heart! Ideally you have solid experience within freight forwarding and understand Ocean Freight, Air Freight and Land Based Services (VAS).
You are a highly structured, proactive and experienced business controller who knows how to drive transparency and can enable a performance dialogue where you can challenge your colleagues in a constructive and strategic setting.
You preferably have a finance background, potentially within Supply Chain or similar.
We believe the ideal candidate has:
• +3 Years of business experience
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Can-do attitude to work independently and within a cross departmental team
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Fluency in English and Swedish language
• The ability to translate financial data into business insight in a non-finance language
• Large appetite for obtaining new skills and the determination to enable a steep learning curve