Maersk, the world's largest shipping company, is transforming into an industrial digital giant that enables global trade with its land, sea and port assets. We are the digital and software development organisation that builds products in the areas of predictive science (forecasting, customer and market analytics), optimization and IoT. This position offers the opportunity to build your engineering career in a data and analytics intensive environment, delivering work that has direct and significant impact on the success of our company.
Maersk's Technology organisation is a practitioner of the microservices approach to software development. Our nascent production ecosystem is based around sets of interdependent services. Our team's mission is to build and maintain a digital platform enabling lower friction when developing in a service-oriented architecture through the use of cloud computing, infrastructure-as-code and container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes. We want to make development and operations in a microservice-oriented environment an efficient and pleasant experience.
This is an extremely exciting time to join a fast paced, growing and dynamic team that solves some of the toughest problems in the industry, and builds the future of trade & logistics.
A.P. Moller - Maersk maintains a strong focus on career development, and strong team members regularly have broad possibilities to expand their skill set and impact in an environment characterised by change and continuous progress
As a SRE / Platform Engineer, you will participate in delivering products that directly impact our business, with strong support from fellow dedicated team members, and drive digital transformation at one of the largest companies in the world.
You should feel at home working in and around a wide range of technologies and platforms, and empathise with the day-to-day bottlenecks and challenges of development work and operations.
You enjoy building new systems from a blank slate as much as you love monitoring and tweaking existing systems to achieve maximum
performance, while automating everything on your way.
Your responsibilities will be to:
• Be embedded in cross-functional product teams to enable our software to get quickly and securely into production with fast, agile iterations.
• Drive application performance, scalability, security, and reliability through continuous deployment, monitoring, logging, alerting and
automation in the entire lifecycle of the product (inception, design, through development and operationalisation)
• Take part in on-call rotations with the product team, and take the lead in preventing incidents and maintaining product SLAs, through automation and blameless postmortems
• Build and maintain cloud deployments through infrastructure-as-code.
• Keep up with the cutting edge in relevant technologies, and drive implementation of new solutions.
• More than 3 years of industry experience within SRE roles or platform or software engineering, ideally in a data / analytics intensive company
• An ideal candidate would have deep knowledge of building and operating Kubernetes based and serverless workloads, and deploying and operating cloud-based services (as infrastructure as code)
• Excellent software development experience in C# and .Net on Windows
• Excellent experience on Azure DevOps, Azure Cloud, Terraform, Linux based scripting (shell), Linux based hosting, Windows based scripting (powershell) and Windows based hosting.
• Excellent track record of improving and running software through data and automation.
• Experience with monitoring, APM, logging and alerting products like ELK, Grafana, Datadog, PagerDuty or equivalent
• Familiarity with Agile / Scrum practices; proficient in git, testing paradigms, pair programming and DevOps principles
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment (Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI, Drone or equivalent).
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant technical experience
• Fluent proficiency in both written and oral English