Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a glob-al organisation. As Lead Data Engineer you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how data supports the transport and logistics business.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong professional network. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
We aim to be a world-class professional organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and implementing new ways of working.
Be part of a scrum team of highly skilled data engineers, responsible for designing and developing cutting edge end to end big data solutions in an international team. Experience on the Azure big data and data warehouse platform is a strong advantage. An opportunity to join the big data implementation at an early stage and have huge impact on the implementation and design. Working close with business in an agile delivery model to make sure as much business value as possible is coming from the solutions.
• More than 3 years of industry data engineering experience, ideally in an analytics intensive environment.
• You possess a Bachelor's degree in computer science (or equivalent experience). The ideal person will possess an advanced degree with a focus on distributed systems or cloud technologies.
• You have significant experience contributing hands-on to products built within the Spark/Hadoop ecosystem
• Excellent track record of delivery through data technologies (SQL, Hadoop), and languages like Python, R, Scala.
• BI experience is an advantage (MSBI, Teradata, MicroStrategy).