In joining Maersk as Senior Legal Counsel – Competition Law & Policy in our headquarters in Copenhagen, you will be joining a truly global, leading industry player with frequent interactions with many leading competition authorities at a time of significant change across Maersk.
You will have an opportunity to work with a highly specialised team of lawyers, including senior competition lawyers, in a dynamic, challenging and truly international working environment.
You will be able to use and further develop your competition law expertise, working closely with the business and playing a key role in ensuring successful approvals of M&A transactions, development and maintenance of strategies, policies, products and other initiatives in compliance with global competition rules, as well as engaging with regulators globally in relation to substantive competition law matters and policy work.
As Senior Legal Counsel - Competition Compliance you will, together with the other members of the Competition Law Team, be responsible for providing legal advice and support to the Maersk businesses, including the liner business, logistics, terminals and towage, to ensure compliance with global competition rules.
Your responsibilities include:
• Providing strategic and day-to-day competition law advice and solutions on projects and initiatives promoted by the business to ensure any potential competition law and merger control implications are considered and accounted for in developing new strategies, policies, products.
• Assessing and coordinating merger control filings.
• Cooperating with and coordinating responses to competition regulators, including in relation to the cross field between competition rules and shipping.
• Handling competition law investigations globally.
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with relevant authorities.
• Ensuring implementation, maintenance and development of the competition compliance program, including the Competition Compliance Policy, the associated Guidelines and the competition law e-learning.
• Providing competition law training to employees at all levels in the organization worldwide.
A person with solid expertise in the field of competition law, including merger control. Experience liaising with competition regulators is a plus.
We will also consider candidates with a mix of Legal and Economics background.
The ideal candidate is analytical, methodical and thorough and has an ability to keep a clear mind in a busy and dynamic environment with a great variety of tasks.
As you, together with the other members of the Competition Law & Policy team, will be the expert in your field and responsible for communicating and ensuring competition compliance globally, you should have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
The ability to interact effectively with people across business functions and to understand business needs is essential to your success.
You are self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team.
As work language is English, an excellent command of written and spoken English is a prerequisite.