This is a unique chance to join Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis, which holds four overall areas of responsibility: 1) financial reporting, 2) forecasting, 3) performance management and 4) capital structure analysis. The position is primarily focused on forecasting but also includes analysis of financial and operational drivers linking business performance with financial figures. The position gives you a great overview of the entire company since we work with consolidated APMM financials as well as individual segment performance and you will gain a deep understanding of the financial requirements of a large listed company.
As an Analyst you will work with multiple aspects of our responsibility areas: process and system optimization, financial planning, financial analyses as well as ensuring a high quality of our financial reporting. You will be working in the areas of accounting and financial analysis, understanding the logic and link between performance and financial figures.
You will work together with a diversified team comprising more than 6 different nationalities of highly skilled and talented people with varied educational backgrounds, while getting early empowerment and responsibilities as well as management exposure.
• Assist with design, plan and execution of monthly and quarterly reporting processes, including coordination and communication across Maersk and other Financial Planning teams
• Actively participate in the monthly and quarterly management reporting to senior management
• Focus on analysis, understanding and explanation of financial performance for APMM overall as well as on segment level (versus key external drivers as well as internal operational drivers)
• Collaborate in team-oriented environment, develop innovative approaches to solving technical challenges
• Ad hoc corporate finance related tasks
Our key stakeholders are 1) APMM executive management (primarily the Executive Board and the Chief Financial Officer), 2) other corporate departments e.g. Investor Relations, Strategy, Investment Analysis, Accounting, Treasury and Risk, as well as 3) Financial Planning & Analysis teams in Segments
The ideal candidate holds a Master degree in Finance or Economics.
• A strong understanding of financial statements, accounting principles and ‘business drivers’ is fundamental to the position, you hold 2-5 years of work experience from a similar position within financial planning and analysis and performance management. Alternatively, you have experience within financial controlling and reporting or auditing/consulting but is looking for change of career to business finance.
• Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint) and preferably knowledge of OneStream
• We expect you to have an analytical mindset and be a self-starter, being able to see opportunities and solve problems independently
• Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, being able to work with both management and employees in a global organisation.
• Used to working independently with ability to influence multiple stakeholders.
• Used to working in a challenging and dynamic environment dealing with a lot of different tasks at the same time.
• The corporate language is English, so you should be fluent in oral as well as written English.
Deadline for application is 1st September but we will review candidates on an ongoing basis.