Working at Maersk brings a unique blend of being part of a rich heritage and an enthusiastic, youthful, fast-paced logistics company. We believe in rewarding and recognizing individual performances within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values.
Collaborative and commercial mindsets are the key cornerstones of being a high performer in Maersk. Ours being a network business, it is key that you are able to think and act beyond your own domain and geography of work. By commercial mindset we mean your ability to think of the benefits for the customer; in whatever action, you take, irrespective of your position and role.
The role as Freight Forwarder – Aid & Relief offers a great opportunity to be part of a winning team and be a strong enabler in shaping the success of our Aid & Relief team. You will be responsible for driving our customer portfolio through high quality customer service, effective communication, cost awareness and continuous performance which supports our growth aspirations.
The position will be located in Aarhus.
In the Special Projects & Logistics team you will be a part of a team of 25 experienced colleagues, where we strive to deliver the best operational service for our customers.
Together with your colleagues you will play a key role in designing tailor-made logistics solutions for our customers as well as being part of our accelerated growth within our segment.
Your main responsibilities will, among others, be:
• Operations handling from our Control Tower setup
• Internal and external stakeholder management
• Coordination of all modes of transport
• Assisting on upselling for both new and exciting customers
Our ideal candidate is result oriented, have a can-do attitude, well organized as well as being able to stay cool in a hectic and complex environment. You strive in a collaborative role being the coordinator and you have the mindset of a freight forwarder.
Our preferred candidate has:
• Experience from freight forwarding
• Professional attitude/behavior
• Excellent communication skills, including both verbal and written in English
• A collaborative mindset with a “can do” attitude
• Eagerness to be best in class and part of a winning team
• Ability to be flexible when needed as our job is not always 8-16
• Ability to travel approx. 10-15 days a year