An empowered position in Maersk Business Finance team for Operations being the focal point for financial analysis, decision making support, management reporting, forecasting, budgeting, performance management, and finance related business support.
The Business Finance Operations team interacts primarily with stakeholders in the Operations function as well as internal stakeholders in Finance, both in HQ but also around the world. The Operations function is responsible for the global operational expenses, design of our network, managing our vessel portfolio, fleet management and executing the day-to-day cargo operation in our Liner Operation Clusters (LOCs).
As part of a dynamic global network, you will be working closely together with the core operations functions; Network, Fleet Management & Technology, Vessel Portfolio, Execution and Equipment. Further you will drive alignment with stakeholders in Trade & Marketing/Commercial and extended Finance teams. You will be exposed to senior management and a truly global organisation.
We offer an exciting and attractive career, in an ambitious and
competitive environment with the possibility of continuous professional
and personal development.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performance teams.
As part of the Operations Business Finance team you will act as the trusted partner to key stakeholders in HQ Operations team. Functional reporting to one of the Business Finance leads, but with an indirect reporting to one or multiple senior stakeholders in Operations.
As FBP you will have the opportunity to drive financial analysis, performance management and decision support to the Maersk Operations leadership team. Your detailed understanding of the financial numbers combined with solid business knowledge will allow you to deliver performance insight, challenge current understandings and contribute to decision making within Operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Partnering: Contribute to form business decisions and enable follow-up. Assist in evaluating alternative strategies and proving recommendations to the business. Perform ad-hoc analysis and insights to business based on business need.
• Performance management: Drive accurate, timely and aligned reporting of financial and operational performance indicators. Be the analytical anchor point for performance reviews, drive follow ups and gap to plan closure. Challenge productivity and drive efficiency.
• Opportunity and pipeline management: Provide forward looking and independently initiated analysis. Support cost analysis as a subject matter expert for given areas.
• Continuous improvement: Drive simplification of reports, analytics tools and automation of reporting.
• You hold a Master’s degree in finance, economics or equivalent.
• You have three to seven years of work experience from analytical positions within finance, management reporting, financial planning and analysis, management and/or strategy consultancy, business development or equivalent.
• You have a thorough understanding of finance and a sincere interest in understanding the business to drive performance and value.
• You are result driven and have a strong logical and analytical capacity being well organized with high attention to detail.
• You are a self-starter with a strong driving force, striving for continuous improvement and wanting to solve problems even if finding answers are not easy.
• You are a team player who is used to and enjoy working independently with ability to engage with and influence, guide and challenge multiple stakeholders.
• You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong integrity and collaboration mindset that goes well with people at all levels in a global organization.
• You are used to and enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced and changing environment dealing with a lot of different tasks at the same time.
• You are skilled in Excel and PowerPoint, while experience from BI systems and SAP is a plus.
• You are skilled in written and spoken English. Danish is not required.