An exciting role as Chief Operating Officer in our HQ in Svendborg/Denmark reporting to the CEO in an international business with focus on providing training and competence to organizations in the Oil & Gas, Maritime and Wind Energy industries. We emphasize both the technical competence as well as the people skill aspect.
You will together with the senior management team be responsible to set and execute Maersk Training’s overall strategy and you will get to work directly and indirectly through our 10 business units (training centers) across the globe.
We are an enthusiastic, passionate, people oriented organisation that enjoys challenges / problem solving and wants to have fun while growing a business.
Responsible for product development (in close cooperation with CCO and centers):
• Project management
• From developed idea with customers and Commercial to prototypes to commercial products/concepts
• Continues improvement and update of current products
• Provide operational input as part of commercial activities with new/ existing customers
Responsible for product delivery (through our training centers):
• Delivery model
• Quality and accreditations
• Resources, instructors, consultants and assets (simulators and other assets)
• Delivery performance management – e.g. costs/ utilization/ synergies/ compliance etc.
Lead Strategic Initiatives - Either as project sponsor (overall responsible) or as project contributor (sponsored by other in S r Management Team).
The successful candidate will have experience and drive to execute (by self and through others) coupled with capabilities to understand and develop the strategic aspect of the business. This person will be recognized as a leader by peers and executive management, will think strategically and holistically about the business, be capable of identifying and resolving issues, and excel at quickly grasping and clearly communicating complex topics. You can take part and facilitate complex discussions about the challenges in the industry but also guide the team of specialist/subject matter experts.
• Minimum 5 years of proven experience as a leader
• Advanced business analysis skills, including at minimum: complete fluency in financial modelling (MS Excel);
• Familiarity with preparing high-quality presentations
• Exposure to negotiations and stakeholder management
• Understanding of what drives operational performance etc
• Resilient and determined while having a collaborate mindset
• Extensive knowledge of the industry our customers operate in (particular the oil&gas) will be preferred
• Having experience from working both in a frontline (business) unit and from a HQ function, is preferred