In this role, you will be part of the Products & Solutions Engineering division with Maersk Technology, building and integrating software to support Maersk’s transport management and intermodal ambitions – an area at the core of the company’s business and technology strategies.
Building Maersk’s transport management capabilities requires a combination of our core enterprise application platform (SAP), best-in-breed and even in-house development, and as product owner you will lead product(s) in the transport management area.
You will be responsible for delivering solutions aligned to business outcomes and strategy maximizing the business value delivered by your product. You will work closely with variety of stakeholders to delivery product vision, roadmap, objectives and to create, prioritize and manage your product backlog.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and competitive environment, with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development. Maersk is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees.
As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and offer attractive parental leave and other benefits. You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through engagement with stakeholders across the world and will have vast career opportunities in the company.
• In collaboration with the product manager, define product vision, objectives and key results in alignment with business outcomes and overall strategy
• Think in terms of features and stories, translating business outcomes into work items for the team maximizing the sustainable business value delivered by your product
• Manage the Product backlog, including prioritization of needs, creation of backlog items and mapping out dependencies - working with users, customers as well as product designers, architects and engineers and considering business and technical strategies
• Evaluate product progress [value creation against objective and key results]; accountable for each stage of the development process and the final product. Inspect and evaluate product progress at each iteration
• Measure performance of your product(s) in general including for example value delivery, user satisfaction, performance of the support process, compliance, cost, stability of the product and deployment/roll-out performance.
• Stakeholder management related to your product(s); as Product Owner you are the main contact on your product(s), both for your function counterparts and the wider Maersk Technology organization.
• Demonstrable ability to create business outcomes and value with technology, in a variety of delivery environments and experience with building software acting as a product owner
• SAP ERP or SAP Transport Management implementation experience is an advantage, but you will also be able to rely on strong support from our System Integration partners – so a willingness to learn is even more important
• A sound understanding of transport management and/or working experience in the logistics industry
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills, able to build and maintain relationship and bring people together to work towards outcomes
• Experience in working in an international and constantly developing environment
As a performance-oriented company, we strive to always recruit the best person for the job - regardless of gender, age, nationality, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.