The opportunity to join a best in class finance function within a world leading logistics business. The position offers the right candidate an opportunity to join an ambitious company with the possibility of continuous professional and personal development within the Maersk Group.
We have a performance driven culture and you will become part of a dynamic team, which consists of highly skilled and experienced finance professional with diverse nationalities and backgrounds based in the Maersk Headquarter in Copenhagen.
Our company is passionate about, and lives, our five core values which include providing the right environment for the right people.
Responsible for delivering timely and accurate Financial Reporting for the Ocean Segment and the Maersk group, including:
• Advisory services and project work as required to support a variety of stakeholders
• Providing input to management reporting and deliverables
• Supporting global finance teams with reporting guidance and implementing global reporting policies
• Working closely with the Maersk Global Service Centre and other finance departments such as Tax, M&A, Treasury and Group Risk and Assurance teams.
• Process Improvements
• Deliverables for Group auditors
• Taking part of the month end controlling and review of line items on consolidated level.
Besides compliance advisory and controlling of the financial reporting, you will also act as a business partner to the wider finance organization, supporting with qualified IFRS-advisory. This includes, for instance, providing the business with transparency on the impact to reported financials from planned transactions and the impact from implementation of new IFRS standards.
Travel requirement will be limited and the job is located at Headquarter, Copenhagen.
• Educated to master degree level, with a professional Accounting qualification.
• Will have a minimum of 5 years of experience within a finance function in a large multinational company and/or experience from working as an auditor or accounting specialist in a larger consultancy firm
• In depth IFRS knowledge
• Prior Shipping or Logistics industry experience would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite.
• Relevant financial systems consist of OneStream/HFM. Prior experience would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite.
• Team player, able to successfully prioritise multiple tasks and timelines, to accurately meet tight financial reporting and project deadlines.
• Develops strong working relationships with multiple stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
• Enjoys working in a dynamic business environment and independently drives progress with limited supervisory
• Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
• Awareness of and ability to work with constant care.