We offer a position in a dynamic environment in which you will develop critical skills such as execution/delivery management, process improvement, stakeholder management, cross-cultural communication and vendor management.
You will experience true international reach and exposure from working across the Europe and Mediterranean region with different nationalities, vendors and regulatory requirements.
In addition, you will be gaining insights into SEM’s processes from an operational and commercial perspective, and you will gain industry knowledge and career experience in the undisputed leader of the shipping industry.
• Accountable for timely execution of Load, Discharge and Release activities from when the container is gated in at the terminal through loading onto the vessel before eventually arranging for discharge as per customer’s booked transport plan.
• Facilitate execution improvement discussions with various departments, to ensure deadline adherence and data quality to improve service delivery.
• Be the operational entry point for our commercial organization to quickly resolve cargo incidents and accommodate specific customer requests.
• Manage and inspires cost- consciousness across functions to ensure constant reduction of costs, through providing feedback upstream to ensure better vessel planning downstream.
• Take responsibility for reducing waste such as longstanding containers, renominations and cargo no-shows.
• Assists with development of operational policies within area of responsibility and communicate to relevant stakeholders both internal and External.
• Deliver on collective and individual performance targets while driving improvement initiatives together with your team.
• The ideal candidate should possess a relevant Bachelor degree from a reputable educational institution.
• General experience in the shipping or terminal industry will be valued, and operations or customer service experience will be a significant advantage.
• Our ideal candidate is a pro-active team player with a visible sense of urgency, excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a very dynamic environment.
• He/she should be a diligent, self-disciplined and upright individual, accepting personal ownership for results. You will have to be innovative and driven to provide solutions and ideas that will improve our service level.
• He/she has an agile mindset focused on daily execution, standardization and continuous improvement to deliver cost-efficient and smooth E2E service delivery to our customers.
• Knowledge of Visual Basic or programming skills would be an advantage.