Maersk is continually developing new technical solutions to reduce costs, improve our customer experience and make our operations safer.
In addition, Maersk in December last year announced the strategy to reduce its CO2 emissions to net zero by 2050.
The Technical Innovation team is at the core of technical innovation in Maersk from idea generation through maturation and testing to hand over of technical and economically viable solutions to be implemented in the business.
• A unique opportunity to work with large-scale technical innovation and new technology.
• International exposure working for the industry leader in a dynamic, global industry.
• Experienced colleagues and broad internal and external networking opportunities.
• Excellent development prospects within technology development, strategy and innovation.
• The chance to make a real difference for the business and the environment.
The Head of Technical Innovation:
• Leads a team of senior innovation project and portfolio managers that work closely with a broad range of Maersk colleagues and external partners to deliver new, viable and valuable physical technology solutions to the business
• Manages the portfolio of internal and external innovation initiatives and the seed funding earmarked for technical innovation projects and technology trials
• Sets the strategic direction for the team in collaboration with Maersk’s Technical Innovation Board, consisting of senior technical, commercial and strategy leaders from across the group
• Shapes the innovation activities related to Maersk’s target to start operating the first commercially viable carbon-neutral vessels in 2030 and fully decarbonized operations by 2050, including energy efficiency and new low-carbon fuel types
• Drives new ways of working and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders as part of Maersk’s cultural transformation
Candidates are expected to have 10+ years of relevant professional experience.
The ideal candidate:
• Is a strategic thinker with strong business acumen and an ability to make decisions under considerable uncertainty
• Has a proven track record of successfully delivering large, complex projects
• Possesses excellent interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills
• Is able to lead and motivate diverse groups and rally them around a common goal
• Has a keen interest in solving technical problems
The following experience would be beneficial but is not a must:
• Technology development, innovation and business development
• Logistics, shipping/maritime, management consulting and fuels/energy
• Business case development, technology evaluation and contract law
• Partnership development, cross-industry collaboration and start-up engagement
• Intellectual Property, negotiations, vendor management
• An advanced degree, e.g. in engineering or business administration