Joining Maersk T&L will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation. As Front End Developer, you will gain broad business knowledge of the company’s activities globally, as well as understand how the complexity of IT supports the transport and logistics business.
You will be exposed to a wide and challenging range of business issues through regular engagement with key stakehold-ers across all management levels within Maersk.
You will work and communicate across geographical and cultural borders that will enable you to build a strong profes-sional network. We believe people thrive when they are in charge of their career paths and professional growth. We will provide you with opportunities to broaden your knowledge and strengthen your technical and professional foundation.
By choosing Maersk, you join not only for the role, but for a career. From here your path may take you towards extended responsibilities within Application Development, IT Delivery or IT Leadership.
We aim to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation and innovation. We believe in empowerment where each of us takes ownership and responsibility for developing and im-plementing new ways of working
The role will involve:
• Hands-on front-end architecture, development & implementation. You will craft unit & integration tests across all components with code re-use being key to success
• Collaborate with front-end developers, back end developers, designers, UX experts, external agencies, partners and key people in the business
• Engaging with technical standards, reviewing code, and supporting a worldwide UI development community
• Working with development teams to define appropriate solutions and implementations to create customer-experience driven apps
• Seeking opportunities to improve the code base (debt, bugs etc.) and communicating the case for action.
• Travel to Maersk locations to meet and work with development team members based abroad (e.g. Denmark), though this will be infrequent
• Participation in the elaboration of user stories (technical and functional). Agree stories are sufficiently described for their implementation, verification and delivery.
• Helping to define and maintain front-end development standards adopted by the development teams and external service providers
• You are responsible for the quality design and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure) of applications delivering business value
• Collaborating with product owners to identify and mitigate risks, issues, and tech debt, as well as to find new ways to make the websites better
• Supporting the recruitment of technical team members across the department
• Technical support during release activities
• Ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks
• Good critical reasoning, problem-solving and analytical skills; takes ownership and sticks to the problem until it is solved
• Solid written and verbal communication skills. Able to articulate technical complexity to be understood by both technical and non-technical personnel
• Customer-focused, whether responding to support queries or developing new features and functionality
• Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
• Able to provide constructive feedback and effectively review code, guiding other front-end engineers in the right direction
• Able to develop the technical ability of junior developers
• Hands-on experience of using a front-end development framework, such as Angular, Vue or React. Our preference is Vue, but experience in any of them is a plus.
• Able to write front-end code that is cross-browser and cross-device friendly, through responsive or adaptive techniques is essential
• Delivery of small complete changes at high cadence
• Experience within a customer-focused environment
• The ability to get the best out of technical colleagues as well as business leaders.
Nice to have
• Working with and contributing to open source projects
• Practical experience implementing progressive web apps (PWAs)
• Industry wide experience and appetite for new and emerging technologies
• Experience of developing for componentised websites with transactional and online self-service portals
• Experience developing UIs for multi-lingual websites, including Arabic and Chinese languages
• Experience using Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) systems for deployment
• Proven knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD)