Svitzer (part of A.P. Møller-Maersk Group) is the largest global towage company.
You will be part of Svitzer Europe Procurement team, who are a group of engaged and driven individuals located around Europe with Regional Procurement manager located in Copenhagen.
Fuel and lubes, which you will handle, is one of the largest spend categories in Svitzer ($20M+ per annum), thus, the impact can be significant.
You will be working closely with Maersk Oil Trading, who manage an annual flow of 12M tons of bunkers with a turnover exceeding $6 billion.They are the largest buyer in the bunker market, accounting for approximately 5% of the global volume.
The position will allow the successful candidate to develop competences within procurement, build stakeholder management skills as well as operate complex projects.
You will be part of a truly international organisation constantly striving for improving the total costs of ownership of all our assets.
Workplace is Svitzer Europe Head office at Esplanaden in Copenhagen. Limited travel within Europe may be expected.
Key tasks will be to cover fuel category in Svitzer (bunker fuel and lube oil) end-to-end from order placement to ensuring contract compliance.
You will be responsible for receiving input from vessels, ordering bunker, supporting the overall optimisation of fuel category by doing region-wide tenders, as well as following up to ensure suppliers’ compliance with the contract.
• Eagerness to learn, not being afraid of complexity and ambiguity
• Proven track record from academic degree (outstanding academic performance)
• Experience in maritime industry or in Procurement are a plus
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office package
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Fluency in verbal and written English (Danish is not a requirement)
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong independent drive to achieve success in your role
We want to see that you are a good match, so kindly attach a motivational letter to your application.