A unique opportunity for personal and professional development. Industrial IT focuses on projects that deal directly with our assets, like vessels or containers. We run the IT on the vessels and we are responsible for the industry’s biggest IT installation.
• Be part of a large-scale system implementation, building a new IT platform for our ocean vessel fleet, ITMOD, the worldwide biggest container shipping fleet.
• Get to interact with leading IT vendors, internal subject matter experts, and internal and external IT professionals.
• A fast paced and dynamic environment with a distinct respect for the individual.
• As part of the Industrial IT team will you get the chance to define and optimize the IT platform, applications and communications. Switch between projects and help define communications need and requirements.
• Being a part of ITMOD project that: develop, deploy, implement, operate and optimize the ITMOD communication.
The preferred location for this position is Copenhagen, however depending on the candidate’s current location, Aarhus can be considered. You can expect occasional travel between these locations, up to one week per month. Further details about location can be discussed at the interview.
Maersk is a highly international and inspiring environment with an attractive value proposition for its employees. As part of ensuring a successful work-life balance we promote flexible work-hours and the possibility to work from home when convenient. In connection with maternity leave, we pay for 12 weeks leave with full salary for men and 24 weeks leave for women. In addition to salary, our package consists of a pension scheme, health insurance and 6 weeks holiday a year.
• Works with IT communications, the overall definition, implementation, operation and optimization of communications and applications to effectively support the strategy.
• Ensures compliance of the overall asset IT infrastructure to architectural standards such as scalability.
• Supports technical and business requirements including defining testing approach.
• Supports communication strategy for IOT devices.
• Maintains and draws on external network of resources (eg. vendor development contacts, industry experts)
• Has direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Industrial IT systems within the infrastructure operations domain.
• Gained several years of practical IT communication and -network experience with tools, communication and optimization.
• Practical experience on optimizing large-scale communication systems, design and usage.
• Knowledge of optimizing applications and application traffic usage
• Experience with tools like NETQoS and NETflow
• IT traffic and capacity management
• Knowledge of CISCO products, platform, security and communication protocols
• Knowledge of DNS, WIFI, VPN, QoS, IT applications like e.g Quota Management
• Understanding of cellular and capillary network concepts
• Excellent Written and Verbal skills with people at all levels across the organization in English.
• Focused on quality.
• IT or communications Degree.
In addition to above the suitable candidate has ideally:
• Experience in the marine industry.
• Knowledge and practical experience in the usage of satellite communication.