An empowered leadership position in Maersk’s Business Finance team for Fleet Management & Technology being the focal point for management reporting, forecasting, budgeting, performance management, deep dive analysis and finance related business support.
The Business Finance Fleet Management & Technology team interacts primarily with stakeholders in the FMT function as well as internal stakeholders in Finance and operations. The FMT function is responsible for the global operational daily running costs, future vessel solutions/technology, safety/compliance, crewing, ship management and asset efficiency.
Decisions made in FMT have a significant impact on the financial performance of Maersk and you will play a key role being part of Operation’s commitment in driving our cost leadership strategy.
As the Head of Business Finance Fleet Management & Technology you will join a global team that is in the middle of an exciting journey streamlining and standardizing processes moving from a producer of the numbers to a user of the numbers.
You will have the opportunity to drive financial analysis, performance management and decision support to the business. Your detailed understanding of the financial numbers combined with solid business knowledge will allow you to deliver performance insight, challenge current understandings and contribute to decision making.
As the Head of Business Finance Fleet Management & Technology you will be working together with a l team of highly skilled and talented people in an international environment. You will have day to day working relationships with senior management, while leading a team in a truly global organisation.
Functional reporting to the Head of Network & Fixed Costs interacting with multiple stakeholders within Maersk’s FMT organization including Fleet Operations, Marine Standards, Fleet Optimisation, Marine HR, Fleet Technology, Future Solutions and Crisis Management. You will also work in close cooperation with the Operations Finance Organization and our team in the global service center.
Your main responsibilities will be to drive part of key financial processes and operating system supporting management reporting, financial planning, performance management, CAPEX spend and decision making in close collaboration with stakeholders in FMT and other Finance teams. You will work directly with senior stakeholders with clear business and financial insights.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Accountable for the performance and financial results of multiple related organizational units under the scope of the Chief Technical Officer.
• Accountable for the end-to-end accurate, timely and aligned reporting/forecasting of financial and operational performance incl. KPIs, target setting and cost saving initiatives related to the FMT function.
• Accountable for decision bases ultimately resulting in capex for new vessel builds, retrofits and drydocking.
• Having a clear understanding of the financial and operational footprint to proactively support the business with insights impacting forward looking business decisions while improving business results; including, analysis on cost saving initiatives, strategies and decision bases
• Ability to work independently within a broad framework, with a clear level of authority, setting direction and deploying resources- delivering results mainly through others.
You will also work with multiple aspects of our financial reporting and system optimisation. You will play an active role in supporting the business in using and developing the system further as well as developing the operating model.
• You hold a Master’s degree in finance, economics, MBA or equivalent
• You have a minimum of seven years of work experience in an analytical position within finance, management reporting, financial planning and analysis, management and/or strategy consultancy, business development, business partnering or equivalent.
• Proven ability to influence and develop people, coaching and mentoring to build organizational capability and talent
• You have a thorough understanding of finance and a sincere interest in working with and supporting the business in driving performance and value.
• You are result driven and have a strong logical and analytical capacity being well organised with high attention to detail.
• You are a self-starter with a strong driving force, striving for continuous improvement and wanting to solve problems even if finding answers are not easy.
• You are an extroverted team player with the ability to engage, influence, guide and challenge multiple stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
• You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong integrity and a humble personality that goes well with people at all levels in a global organisation.
• You are used to and enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced and changing environment dealing with a lot of different tasks at the same time.
• You are skilled in Excel and PowerPoint
• You are skilled in written and spoken English. Danish is not required.